What's the Watchtower's latest view on "The End" or "The Second Coming of Jesus Christ"? Most act like its not coming!

by MagicMItchJensen 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

Their is absolutely no urgency in the preaching work. Just observe them the next time they are in your area.

They dawdle from D2D ,often stopping in between houses to have a chit-chat ,as if they haven`t seen each other in ages ,especially when they reach the corners of a block ,They knock on doors half heartedly , and if someone does answer the door , will only engage in discussion if you are ignorant of the bible and have no knowledge of J.W.`s , otherwise they will make a hasty retreat .

They have no substance , just another place where they can socialize and count time.

smiddy

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

They have no substance , just another place where they can socialize and count time.

Not everything is as it seems. With or without the preaching work and not because of any effort of any person will anyone be "saved" or can anyone be doomed. Whether a person is diligently covering an area or just standing and socializing while in the preaching work is non of your business. It is God that saves people.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

(Matthew 24:34) "Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things happen."

Yup, Jesus got it right - as Josephus confirmed. J.W.'s should just waken up and accept that Jesus' words did not portray a "type & anti-type" situation. There is no "greater fulfilment" of Matthew 24 - it's done!

J.W.'s are waiting for a bus which has already come & gone.

A generation? Job 42:16 "After this Job lived for 140 years, and he saw his children and his grandchildren - four generations." 140 divided by 4 = ????

• prologos
    prologos

The Searcher: "J.W.'s are waiting for a bus which has already come & gone,"

what is bus spelled backward? ""sub" Jesus' story is like a sub that had briefly surfaced, did not deliver the positive goods promised ( like return of Christ, rapture) ., and can not be detected now. Leaving HMS WTBtS/JWORG tacking ever more erratically.

Fischerman, take a cue from Peter and his crew, return to your business.
  • umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

No one has a clue, no religion or cult has the faintest idea of when the "end" will come. This is such an unhealthy approach to spirituality as various leaders of these religions or cults play on man's fear of non existence, and man;s desire to elevate his beliefs above all others. It's highly competitive and a great distraction from all that could be useful in the bible....especially the NTest.

These religions that play upon our desire for some sort of "immortality" are onto a good thing. They can change the rules endlessly, make promises, alter their history and make a buck into the bargain. And distract us from one essential point that Christ made..........No one knows the day or the hour.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

smiddy - "They dawdle from D2D ,often stopping in between houses to have a chit-chat ,as if they haven`t seen each other in ages ,especially when they reach the corners of a block ,They knock on doors half heartedly , and if someone does answer the door , will only engage in discussion if you are ignorant of the bible and have no knowledge of J.W.`s , otherwise they will make a hasty retreat."

Probably rendered moot before too long (or, in fact, has influenced):

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/323760001/we-slowly-moving-away-from-that-kind-preaching-work

• steve2
    steve2
    1. Tea leaves or innards are more primitive means of reading "signs" but do have the virtue of being blatantly, laughably superstitious, whereas the more "respectable" written signs of more "advanced" societies retain an unjustifiable power over the wishful, gullible masses of whom JWs are but a teeny, tiny smattering.

Little boys crying "Wolf!" every last one of them.

• kaik
    kaik

Armageddon is not coming in anyone lifetimes. In 1970's my JW aunt insisted that Armageddon will happen around 1975, she told me that I will never have to go to school, because Jesus is arriving. She died 12-13 years ago without ever set a foot in the New World. My mom told me bitterly last week that she will never see Armageddon and she will die without ever to get into Jesus kingdom. My elder cousins are between age 50 and 60, one is battling cancer, and still hold on hope that new system will fix his illness.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit