Ex-Mormons

by teenyuck 12 Replies latest jw friends

• FormerMormon
    FormerMormon

Accurate so far... except to get a temple recommend, you need to pass an interview with the Bishop AND another interview with a member of the stake presidency. (A stake is composed of 4-7 wards or congregations) "Ward" is a very accurate term as you need to check into a "Ward" after you discover the insanity that is Mormonism.

Another great site is postmormon.org

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,
    "I think it's interesting that founding forefathers of both the Jehovah's Witness and the Mormon movement seem to have had ties to the secret societies. (Freemasonry)"

Freemasonry seems just an "old school tie" members club at the bottom of the pyramid but is overtly Satanic worship at the top level. Don't believe me then open Google.

Even the blood oath that they swear on becoming memebers should give some clue.

No surprise that Masonic symbols are found in both cults either.

1 Timothy 4 (New International Version)

Instructions to Timothy

1The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. 2Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. 3They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth.

So that was 2000 years ago, Nothing has changed expect there are different cult with different do's and don'ts of their own.

Regards,
    Stephen

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,
    Strangely enough the Mormons arrived at my door yesterday as I was getting ready to go out with my JW friend.

I did not have long so after a brief discussion I went and got my bible and quoted some verses.

2 Timothy 3 (New International Version)

Godlessness in the Last Days

lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them.
    6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over weak-willed women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to acknowledge the truth.

As you can imagine, that went down like a lead ballon!

Well, I trust it gave them something to ponder on :)

Regards,
    Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit