JanG at it again

by Cygnus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

I wake up this morning, check my email, and JanG has once again filled it with DOZENS of anti-cult posts from her yahoo group which I was never solicited to join, and never asked to join.

Ok, maybe it wasn't DOZENS but there were several.

JanG, I posted to the newsgroup and I am asking you here now to PLEASE STOP SENDING ME EMAILS/POSTS AND TAKE ME OFF ANY LISTS YOU CURRENTLY HOST OR WILL EVER CONCEIVE OF IN THE FUTURE. I have asked you this for at least 3 years now and I am still receiving stuff from you. I beg that this by my final request.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Cyg,

Look on the bright side; at least someone loves you!

Seriously, I wondered about the heavy traffic myself at one time, but then I had the pleasure of meeting the lady at one of our small apostafests in Sydney. I enjoyed our meeting very much and I believe she did too. Jan is a zealous helper of all those held captive by cults and she has rendered invaluable aid over the years. All because she has a heart of love and wants to help. She's a 'key player' here in Oz.

Please be gentle with her.

Cheers, Ozzie (Freedom Fighters class)

• COMF
    COMF
    Please be gentle with her.

He IS being gentle with her, Ozzie. To remove an email from a mailing list is not an unreasonable request, nor difficult to carry out. JanG is infamous for this shit.

• Matty
    Matty

I remember Tallyman laying into Jan for the same reason some time ago in alt.religion.jehovahs-witn. I find Jan's stuff brilliant and very helpful, but it seems that she has a problem with her distribution lists. People who don't want the emails sent to them seem to get ignored.

• avengers
    avengers

Go easy on Jan. She's a good kid.

Her e-mails always cheered me up in those days when I was struggling hard.

I always appreciated her input. If I said any kind of thing in my posts to offend you Jan I surely didn't mean it.

Please continue with your great work.!!!!!!!

• Prisca
    Prisca

JanG is Australia's version of Randy Watters or Kent. She has done ALOT of work in helping Australian ex-JWs over the past decades.

An email list is a triviality compared to the immense amount of work she has tirelessly done to help others. Give her a bit of respect.

• COMF
    COMF

My god, you people are incredibly dense.

Conversation:

Cygnus: Jan, please remove my email from your list.
    Jan: I've helped thousands of people.
    Cyg: I know. Please remove my email from your list.
    Jan: You have no right to speak badly of me. I'm a good person.
    Cyg: I know. Just please remove my email from your list.
    Jan: I give selflessly of myself to others.
    Cyg: I know. Please remove my email from your list.
    Jan: I don't understand you're attacking me this way.
    Cyg: I'm not attacking you. Please remove my email from your list.
    Ozzie: Stop attacking Jan.
    Cyg: I'm not attacking her. I want my email removed from her list.
    Prisca: She's helped thousands. Show a little respect.
    Cyg: Okay, I respect her. Now can we remove my email from her list?

...and on and on it goes...

• Prisca
    Prisca

Whatever COMF.

• waiting
    waiting

Perhaps NOW that Cygnus has requested that he be removed from JanG's mailing list, it would be appropriate for him to wait to see what she does?

Since Cygnus didn't indicate in his public thread dedicated to her that he did email her privately - as her emails come to him privately, perhaps he should be sure to do that.....since JanG rarely posts here?

I've received her emails for years, learned a lot from some of them, dismissed others. No biggie.....but I've never received DOZENS at a time. Ok, I've received several at a time.

Seems that this should be something private between Cygnus and JanG, eh?

Adios,

waiting

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Fred is right on, Prisca. I must have requested to have emails stopped coming to me for at least three years now. I am not interested in JanG or whatever work she might be accomplishing. I have no interest in counter-cult propaganda. JanG might be a saint destined straight for the glory of Ghandi but I don't give a flying fuck. I just want the emails to stop.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit