have mercy...been waitin' on the bus all day...

by DanTheMan 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• revdrjohnson
    revdrjohnson

they drive the bus like it's a Formula One racer through morning traffic,

HEY!

I drove a bus for nine years, and we NEVER went an inch past 115 KM/H, unless there was ice on the pavement!!!

My favorite bust time memory, though, was the 'Drive-By' watchtower placement. I'm standin' at the stop when the car on the opposite side of the street passes and then does a U-Turn. As it approached the curb where I'm standing the passenger window starts to roll down. (In Detroit, when that happens you start looking for some bushes to dive into! )

Fortunately I noticed that instead of an Uzi, sister girl had a pair of the MAGs in her hand.

Never said a word, never really looked up ... when I said no they drove on.

MANNN we've got some lazy JWs, here!!!

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Not a dump post at all! I love taking the bus, unless it's rush hour, but even then one can 'zone out' for a bit, which cannot be done while driving.

We've got decent public transit here, and I refer to the bus as my 'limo'. (I do miss my van though - kinda hard to take two dogs on the bus and go for a cruise)

Mimilly

• LuckyLucy
    LuckyLucy

I used to drive a 40 foot city bus ( I am only 5'3 120 pounds )People used to be shocked to see me drive up in that thing.

I hate to tell ya....ummm but most bus drivers are drinkers and drug users (yes while they are on duty) Our Superviser (she also had two bus routes she drove every day )got fired when she finally got caught drinking on the job.Rumor has it that the managers where aware of her drinking problem , on the job, but they liked her so they just looked the other way.Some employees where caught snorting coke.There are several that smoke pot every day before their routes.(They joke that they drive the "Cannibus")

So next time you board a bus take a good look at your bus driver, he just might be under the influence of alot more than just the JW org.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Gosh, I can't believe anybody responded to my post.

*Sniff*

I'm all choked up! Thanks for responding! I thought my "WT Pledge of Allegience" thread would generate a good response, but it bombed! I guess you never know.

• SYN
    SYN

Rev: Yeah, but our bus drivers were cool too! Just they drove like maniacs to make their time up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit