Kingdom Halls for sale - Australia

by no-zombie 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• no-zombie
  • jwleaks
  • konceptual99
  • steve2
    steve2
    JW spokesman defensively quick to assert sales of kingdom halls not due to dwindling attendances. He refers 2 or 3 times in his statemdnts to growth of organization around the world. Hey, mate, we're not talking about growth of JWs elsewhere, but in Australia where growth trends over more than 10 years have noticeably slowed down. Wished I had on hand jwstats data.
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I know they done a very similar thing in a major city in this country. Virtually all the the halls were sold on the north and southern sides of the city, and we're amalgamated into duplexes. Although I cannot verify if any congregations were amalgamated when this happened. It wouldn't surprise me if it did. Interestingly one of the stand alone halls, that has survived, is in the central part of the city. It would have to be worth at least a couple of million and I'm sure the only reason it has survived is because of its value. This idea of selling halls and combining congregations for future growth is just rubbish. I remember reading a comment in a news paper about a quickly built Hall been required for future growth in this country. This was just absolute total BS, as the new Hall was smaller than the one it replaced. Interestingly a complete full refurbishment was carried out on the old Hall before someone realise there was a building defect, so a new Hall had to be built. It makes me wonder if this excuse was also also BS as well. As I never saw any physical evidence of this building defect. I also remember at the time thinking how such a gearing obvious fault could be over looked, after such a massive renovation project, and why did the Hall sell so quickly. Surly a building inspection would of picked it up. Of course now I know why.
  • wozza
    wozza

So jehovahs spirit must have got it wrong building those halls ? back in the 80's we built halls duplexes etc here in Adelaide and still to this day some duplexes havent regularly filled the seats.

What a joke that they give the impression that there is so much growth ,misleading themselves as well are'nt they?

• nelim
    nelim
    Those photos look a bit odd.... Has a fake blue sky been put on top? Putting up appearances? They can use some new light ;-)
  • OzGirl
    OzGirl
    Have to wait and see how long before my hall gets sold. Wonder how much it would sell for.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Sincere thanks for information which we would struggle to hear about in the U.K.

The "consolidation" of congregations begins - followed by an exodus! Let's sit back and watch the fun begin!

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The work is speeding up! That is the buying and building work. lol

just saying

eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit