Persecution - MWUHAHA...

by SYN 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Xander
    Xander
    So are you saying that they have created this giant conspiracy just to fullfill their prophesy

You sound as if you are surprised at that possibility.

They haven't painted the whole world as 'out to get them'? It ISN'T lying 'in the power of the wicked one'? They've never forced an issue - say, flag saluting - that they could easily have backed down on solely for the negative attention it got from the world?

They've never suggested students be excused from certain activies in school knowing FULL WELL *exactlty* how the classmates would react to the good JW student's request? Did they not say that the 'world hates what is not its own' and that persecution from the world was a sign that you had the truth?

As I said, it is just a gut feeling. After all, one should "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".

I just have a hard time believing that SO MANY men in SUCH HIGH POSITIONS could possibly and repeatedly be SO INCREDIBLY STUPID. There simply MUST be a reason for it.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I agree with Blues Brother - the hierarchy is so caught up in the institution that they can't behave like normal human beings anymore. I haven't seen an elder express an honest, spontaneous emotion in years. It's like they have to check with Brooklyn before the respond to "how are you?" They remind me of Norman in that old Star Trek episode, and we are making their red lights blink frantically . . . .

Of course, they don't value the women and children, though. Children are there to be seen and heard only if they can give the comment in their own words, and women - well, you know what weakminded creatures we are! Bah, humbug.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp
    "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".

yes indeed it is stupidity....that is why in the long run...this will not work for them. Even if it is a huge plot...they will be found out like all scandals and dealt with appropiately.

In either case..as far as I'm concerned they have made their bed...and now must lie (double entendre was intended )

I just have a hard time believing that SO MANY men in SUCH HIGH POSITIONS could possibly and repeatedly be SO INCREDIBLY STUPID. There simply MUST be a reason for it.

Drunk on power...after all drunkeness has been known to cause stupidity...lol ( I know by example..lol). They think they are too big to be touched but I say that the bigger they are the harder they fall.

DOWN WITH THE BORG! DOWN WITH THE BORG! DOWN WITH THE BORG!

OK....enough from me...(not trying to argue with ya X...you do make some good points)

Spice

• Simon
    Simon

I guess when things are exposed, such as the child abuse, there will be a certain number who see it for what it is and leave and others who can only cope with it in their mind by labelling it 'persecution' and emersing themselves deeper into it.

Shame.

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

the reason catholic bishops move pedophile priests around, giving them new territory........ is because they themselves are involved in it........ so they conspire to cover it up.

some people have no idea how bad the problem is............ catholic priests have been reported to have molested hundreds of victims........ then, because of complaints, the bishop moves them to a new location.

could there be a problem in bethel?.............. greedy, dirty old men, claiming to be god's mouthpiece...... in charge of innocent, horney young men who have no time to date, because of the schedule they have been talked into, ........... who are so frustrated, because of everything .........they are in need of constant counsel........ how nice of certain gov body members, to talk to them privately...

• SYN
    SYN

Crawdad: Hehe, and such fine counsel it is too!

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"

Xander, you put it very well!

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I think that the brothers at bethel, the leaders, feel that this is necessary to control the public's image of JW's. The fact that it has now backfired of course tells us all how *stupid*, not even talking about completely morally bankrupt, this policy is.

Think about it; you have to know that some will feel that some eggs need to be broken to make an omelet, that we all must do some things we don't like in order to make the whole thing work.
    If it helps, when i heard about this and went online, it pushed me to look at all of the info on the net about the WT, the place I have been for 40 yrs, and realize what a complete sham it is.
    So i think that slowly, as people become curious and trust their own ability to tell facts from "apostasy", they will come to the same horrifying conclusion I have in the last 2 weeks,

As you all remember, it is a gut wrenching to go through....let's just give em time.

still..........

Pistoff

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

SYN -- great post

Xander -- interesting theory

I used to have a hedgehog actually, African Pigmy, poor thing bled to death, hopefully like the Tower will... although I doubt it.

As we pass through time, many of the older Dubs will die off, obviously. The younger crowd with computers in hand to boot with rebelllious attitudes will wise up and religion in general will suffer. Mind you, Religion is a facet of life that will always be around, more-or-less... but in years to come it will be on a far lesser scale than it is at present, as most church members are very along in years, and it is they that support and fund the $$ & power glutony of it all.

As far as Xander's conspiracy theory, I do not agree, although it has come at a point in time where they can play it off as a last days type of thing... The last days bullchit on the other hand can be a card that can only be played for so long until many will wise-up, as they are begining to already.

As Spice and I were discussing earlier, the Governing Body is in fact brainwashed with thier own beliefs and part of the cult machine itself. It is my assumtion that they are blinded by the very things they teach, and they feel that what they teach is directed by thier God of War. I will never disrespect the name of Jehovah, as I would never disrespect the name of any God or Goddess, but I WILL turn my back upon those foundations and personalities with a lust for power, wallowing in thier own greed and hatred for those that do not share thier same set of ideals.

Regards,

Amanda/Moe, who was actually candid and posted to non-fluff.

• SYN
    SYN

Nice post, Moe...actually Duck & Hedgehog refers to the Tower's style of DUCKING whenever somebody hurls an accusation at them, and once they cannot DUCK anymore (i.e. Dateline) they go HEDGEHOG on the Apostates, bristling their spines and complaining about persecution! So, Duck & Hedgehog!

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

SYN - interesting symbolisim!!!

Kisses,

Moe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit