So...how to get UN NGO *book*

by Xander 13 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Xander
    Xander

I know I've seen reference to the UN NGO listing document somewhere. As I recall, the '2002' edition was published BEFORE the WTBTS withdrew from the UN, such that they were still listed in it.

Now, my family (all good JWs) are insisting we come over for my mom's anniversary and I'm, like, 100% sure they are planning on bringing up our recent very obviously anti-JW behavior.

I'd like to argue my position with them some - and my wife thinks the UN issue is a good one - but they will completely ignore any information I find on the net (it's all lies, and all).

SO...I need to find a print copy of this information - book/brochure/whatever. My local library doesn't seem to know what I'm talking about, and I can't find anything on the UN site about such a publication.

Any suggestions?

Edited by - Xander on 11 July 2002 12:56:8

• Xander
    Xander

22 reads and no one has any thoughts?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Un DPI library has, by extension, libraries in many different cities. When i checked this out, i found that they have one in my city, montreal, also one in calgary, alberta. I found these listings on the net, at the un website. Maybe there is one in a city near you.

SS

• Satanus
  • Xander
    Xander

YES!! SS, that's *perfect* - EXACTLY what I needed!

Cleveland Public Library, it is. Cool, that's not too far, either.

So, what exactly is the publication in question called? I assume the librarian there could find it based on my best guess of title, but I'm sure it'd be speedier if I had the exact name. Thoughts?

• Valis
    Valis

X, a quick toll free call to the UN publishing folks revealed they don't print such a thing. However, the NGO office might be able to help (not toll free)...or at least point you in the right direction. Having the exact dates the WT was an NGO might also help them help you more or at least turn you on to some document relating to thier involvement w/the beast...

http://www.un.org/dpi/ngosection/index.html

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Xander,

I believe f you call the office of DPI at the UN, and ask them, I believe they will voice confirm with you that they were indeed a member of the UN (NGO) from 1992 to 2001, and that they were 'disassociated at their request in Oct, 2001".. At least they did back in Nov, 2001.. Maybe they won't confirm that over the phone any longer, I don't know.. But I suspect that they still would!!!

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Xander,

I have a scan of the letter by the poor UN official who got bombarded with questions about the WT's decade-long affair with the SCWB. It's on UN letterhead. The problem is that it's a scan, and thus would fall under the "apostates obviously doctored this" excuse.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I am compiling evidence, started with scans of NGO listings, scan of the front of the book.
    It is in the same file as all of the "light" on vaccinations, blood serums, and transfusions. I call it my file of pent up rage over being lied to for forty years.
    anyway......good luck (oops)
    I also would just tell em to call WT service desk; they will get tranferred around, but sooner or later someone will have to say, yes we were, but of course ITS NO BIG DEAL, WE HAD TO TO GET THAT IMPORTANT INFORMATION.
    I wonder if I can join the local political party to collect info for the WT?

• searcher
    searcher

nothing to do with the book but you might argue about the 'library card defense'. I seem to have read that the jw's in malawi were not allowed to register for identity cards because that would be them supporting the goverment, surely the registration for a library card is supporting the un?

searcher

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit