New song 136

by sir82 15 Replies latest jw friends

• user100
    user100
    you see its managed worse than an earthly govt.. if you setup a government and don't do jack sh*t for 100 years you would atleast be overthrown on earth..
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Not only is the song 'blah', the wording really highlights the contradiction: "The kingdom is in place" vs. "Let the kingdom come". Which is it? If it is "in place" where would it need to "come"? If it still needs to "come", how can it be said to be "in place"? And "he rules" vs. "his rulership will", which is it? Is he ruling or will he be ruling?

The song would have been much more interesting if it somehow would have included warnings about tight pants and higher education.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    Billy took words out of my mouth.  Not only is it a bland tune the title is outright contradictory 
  • SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Don't want any kingumb coming on me.

WTWizard... your posts crack me the hell up.

Snakes 

• prologos
    prologos

sr82, oy, you said it "DRECK"--30 minutes devoted to this 'masterpiece', after the talk on Jezebel, the model Elders's wife, the dog food., very appropriate. 

WT is dumbing down, --no left hand notes for rich bass cords,--- if there were any. 

Some fat head in the GB entourage thinks this has cosmic significance, do we finger D.S?

This is madness, wt followers forced to sing the doomsday songs for the doomsday cult. 'and

learning to love the D----.

after coming home, had 113 and 28 repeated and played on the grand  to satisfy the urge

to purge this dirge.  

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Ever notice how 'catchy' Christmas songs are? They are only played for about 3-4 weeks a year but everyone (including jw's) knows the words to the Christmas songs. Go to JW meetings for 60 years and they still need the songbook to sing along. Boring music just doesn't 'catch on'. Dirges and depressing music even more so!

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit