I finished my novel.

by JeffT 10 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

It is done. Well, my mother will find about 10,000 edits because that used to be her job, but I'm done.

Took longer than I want to talk about, but 91,000 words are a mouthful. I'm going to take a deep breath then go look for an agent. For those of you who don't know, its based very loosely on my years as a dub.

• wasasister
    wasasister

Jeff: that must feel wonderful. Congratulations and best wishes.

I always wanted to write.

Wasa

• Nikita
    Nikita

Congratulations!

Nikita

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

It feels good doesn't it I trashed my novel in a fit of writers rage (that is what I like to call it so I don't start crying). Soon I'll be writing again but life has a way of getting in the way.

by the way grats.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Now you can breathe again...lol

Congrats.....what a nice accomplishment!!!

Something I always wanted to do but alas..like GSX said..life gets in the way

Spice

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

JeffT: You're giving me hope, bro.

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

jeff, congrats! that's great news :)

• rodnico
    rodnico

Good luck JeffT! Now the uncreative bang your head against a wall phase will begin. Here is a really good resource for finding an agent that deals with your subject.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0761530231/qid=1026323202/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-1429113-8210444

Writer's Guide to Book Editors, Publishers, and Literary Agents, 2002-2003: Who They Are! What They Want! And How to Win Them Over

Nicole

Edited by - rodnico on 10 July 2002 13:53:53

Edited by - rodnico on 10 July 2002 13:54:32

• JeffT
    JeffT

Thank you all.

• 13th_apostate
    13th_apostate

congratulations. that is a serious accomplishment. I've been writing in my free time for years, but haven't got anything decent enough to send out for "real" publication. I've had a few things published in student journals and college magazines, but nothing big. I would be interested to know how you fare shopping the novel around and finding a publisher and all that other "practical" writing business. again, congratulations.

will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit