Guns. Well said Mr President, if only your countrymen had the same courage to consider changing course.

by nicolaou 75 Replies latest social current

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

thought this was funny but also good points

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL8JEEt2RxI

• zeb
    zeb

Jim Jeffries video.

He said guns were banned in Australia, wrong. After the Port Arthur massacre the Prime Minister John Howard used dollars taken out of medicare to fund 'buy-back' of semi auto rifles and some categories of shotguns. The same politician refused to allow a coronial inquest into the shooting with 30+ people killed.

I suggest anyone with an interest in guns ie. to have or not to have look up "Port Arthur"-Tasmania and have a good read what you find.

My son was into pistol shooting a t the time and he could keep his .45 Model 1911 pistol but not his .22 semi auto rifle. Huh?

Please consider the above when you hear the US President quoting the Australian experience.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

I have over 40 riffles and pistols. Love to shot and consider myself a marksman. Don't mind a tax. Don't mind laws to keep criminals from obtaining them. Don't mind at all. What I mind are know it all on both sides telling what I can or can't do. What I mind is sensational news flaming mistrust on both sides. Most legal gun owners that I know are VERY responsible and want safety first for themselves, their families, their neighbors et all.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    I have over 40 riffles and pistols. Love to shot and consider myself a marksman.

Not making a judgement on you buddy but in the UK you'd be considered a nut by most people and nobody would want you for a next door neighbour.

But that's our narrow minded, judgementalism for you. The most pedantic of us would call attention to your spelling and grammar too but that just wouldn't be nice. God, us Brits are simply riddled with unfathomable personality flaws!

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who
    Hahaha! Note to self, do NOT post after working all night. Come on nicolaou, you can't tell me you UK'ers don't like "riffles?" Hahahahaha.
  • done4good
    done4good

Most legal gun owners that I know are VERY responsible and want safety first for themselves, their families, their neighbors et al.

True.

Also true is the much repeated, "guns don't kill people, people kill people".

However, probability theory dictates that the greater the concentration of guns in the populace in aggregate, the greater the potential for some of those guns to be misused. This is the mathematics of the issue. Only people who outright deny math and science could believe otherwise.

Any wonder the religious right are also almost always pro gun?

d4g

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit