What do you buy a 5 year old?

by Prisca 29 Replies latest social family

• Prisca
    Prisca

My little niece is turning 5 soon and I'd like to buy her something special. Something that will stay with her for a while.

Any ideas?

She loves Barbie (of course!) and Bananas in Pajamas, also Blue's Clues from Nickodoleon(sp?). But I'd like to get something she won't outgrow in 6 mths time.

• TruthHurts
    TruthHurts

A sound-proofed cage would work quite well

• TruthHurts
    TruthHurts

Or just take her along to the Kingdom Hall, same effect

• Prisca
    Prisca

lol...

she's quite a chatterer, so a sound proof cage might be just what her mother needs

as for the kingdom hall, they take her there, and she runs amok! hehehe...

• larc
    larc

How a about checkers or pick up sticks, something that you can play together for a long time.

• TruthHurts
    TruthHurts

Take her down the pub and introduce her to alcohol

• larc
    larc

TruthHearts,

I was going to suggest that. After of a couple drinks, ask her to play a game of pick up sticks.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Prisca,

If she likes to read, and will take care of books - they make really cool gilt-edge books for her age. Some are even a collection within a volume. Very impressive and grown up looking.

My daughter is 30, and still has one (ever so worn) from about the same time period. She still loves books, btw.

Some kids don't care - others like things to make memories from.

waiting

• Prisca
    Prisca

ROTFLOL! you guys are too much :-)

• mommy
    mommy

Prisca,
    I think I was the only girl that didn't like Barbie When my daughter was 5 I bought her several big girl things, like earrings, necklaces, and rings. But I have to say her favorite toy from last year was a Barbie radio. It is a mini boom box and plays about 6 different songs. It drove me mad but she loved it! I paid about $25 for it. Another thing is Barbie walkie talkies in the form of cell phones, this is good if she has another child to play with, the cost was also around $25.
    Don't listen to the boys my daughter Hated it when I took her to the local bar and got her drunk on her 5th birthday
    wendy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit