My wonderful mother

by rnovello 22 Replies latest jw friends

• home_and_dry
    home_and_dry

I am really sorry for you and the pain you are going through. I always wish in situations like this that you could do something to help, but there really isn't much in a practical way that anyone can do.

I know its no consolation, but you were obviously very close to your mum and your sister and that is something to hold on to. My best friends mum died of cancer a year ago this week and its a very hard time for her and frustrating for me as I would love to take her pain away but can't.

When you feel up to it, I would love to hear all about your mum and what made her so special to you, if you feel it would help.

Hugs.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Movello, so sorry to hear about your Mom. She sounds like a wonderfaul Mother to have had. I know it is little solice, but be proud and happy that you had her. Not all Moms are so wonderful. If friends are what you are looking for, you found them.

Please remember, though. Your Mom raised you to be your own person and have your own life. Don't let the grief get you down. Your Mom is still in your heart and always will be.

Lew W

• Nikita
    Nikita

(((((Marie)))))

I am so sorry to hear about your losses. Hang in there and know you have friends here who will listen. I lost my Mom when I was 29 and she was only 48. The pain can be overwhelming at times. If you ever need a friend, feel free to email me.

Hugs,

Nikita

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

rnovello,

this is a big place, and a lot of people here have known each other for a long time. it may seem as if they don't care, but i think everyone here does care about each other in different degrees because of our shared experience. everyone here has suffered loss of one kind or another, or endured tragedy (or abuse) of one kind or another.

you realize that if your grief is overwhelming, you need to talk to someone about it don't you? is there anyone in your life outside of this place who you can call and tell them what is happening with you? please don't think that because i ask that, i don't want to hear about your problem, or that i don't care. you may not believe this but i do. and judging from these posts, many others do also. sometimes that's all you need is to know that some person on this planet cares. but your saying you can barely function and you don't think you can take it anymore or do without her much longer is pretty profound, you know. and something that requires attention and intervention beyond a message board.

but if you really don't have anyone to talk to about it, or are dead set against talking to a counselor, then by all means, come here and let it all out. this really is a place where people can listen to each other, support each other, express their frustrations and fears and anguish. you are not alone... don't give up on you.

"We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our actions run as causes, and they come back to us as effects."
    -Melville, Herman

"We are human and therefore all human concerns are ours."
    -Sam Hamill

• SYN
    SYN

AWW, ((((RNovello))))), I feel your pain, my gran died a year back, and it was painful too, I loved her very much. Always here if you want to chat, my email is open!

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

(((((((((((((( MO)))))))))))))))))))

So sorry to hear of your loses. I lost my mom 16 years ago, and it still hurts. But I feel more at peace since I left the JW a year ago. I feel she is with me eveyday, in my heart. I dont know what I beleive , if she is in heaven, or just sleeping. Where ever she is she is at peace and I know she would be proud of how far I have come since leaving the JW. I still get sad, but I see her in so many things everyday. It is like she is living thru me still. We always had a strong bond and could almost read each others minds. I miss that. I know birthdays and anniversaries are hard to deal with.

This site will help you thru your grieving process, and you will make wonderful friends who really do care about you. I hope that we can get to know each other better.

• Valis
    Valis

movello, sorry to hear your grief....but there is good news my friend! No longer being a witness is not all regret and hard feelings of the past. Just think about still being in and living under the shadow of resurrection. Now you can focus on the good memories you have of lost relatives, instead of worrying about living your life the way you want, because if you do you might not make it to see them after Armageddon. That is quite the reason to shed a bit of light on what seems a dark spot in your life. Do take care and write more here...it helps, it really does.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

(((((((((rnovello)))))))))

I am sorry to hear of your loss. It times like this I wish that this were not a cyber world and I could reach out and hugs you as well as speak to you. The pain you are experiencing with the loss of your Mother and sister are compounded I am sure with the loss of the religion you followed for years. Please know there are many here who care and will lend a shoulder to you at anytime.

I have always like this poem hope it helps you in your time of grief.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
    I am not there. I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow.
    I am the diamond glints on snow. I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
    I am the gentle autumn rain. When you awaken in the morning's hush
    I am the swift uplifting rush. Of quiet birds in circled flight.
    I am the soft stars that shine at night. Do not stand at my grave and cry;
    I am not there. I did not die.

• revdrjohnson
    revdrjohnson

Movello:

I too am very sorry for your loss. It is always difficult when a loved one is lost. Be encouraged ... I assure you from much experience that healing does come with time!

• crawdad2
    crawdad2

r novello,........... no one seems to care?......... well, it's because everyone is screwed up........ they can't help it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit