jw marriages age differences

by invisible 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Xander
    Xander
    possibly keep up with sexually

Oh, *phthbp*, of COURSE he can. If she was raised like most good JW girls, she's deathly afraid of sex, anyway.

One of the 'young eligible' sisters in our hall actually mentioned that as a reason to marry an older man. Not only would you be getting someone with more income (window washers do make more the longer they stick with their company), they'd be more spiritual, and you 'don't have to deal with the whole sex thing, because they'd be too spiritual to want it' Wow, what a burden off THEIR mind that must have been...

• out4good3
    out4good3

and you 'don't have to deal with the whole sex thing, because they'd be too spiritual to want it'

Yeah Right

I worked around 17, 18, and 19 year old girls the first 15 working years of my life and they love dealing with that "sex thang". It's they're family and friends they've fooled into believing that they're all virtuos and chaste. I've heard the way some of them talk, even those that were JW's in the hall I attended. At the hall, they pretend to be so "spiritually minded" but outside of the KH they're just like any other so called "worldly" girl. A lot of them want it, in fact searched it out, just as much if not more than the males. Discretion goes a long way with a dub girl out to "get her some".

And as far as those old geezer brothers go......

I too have been seen so many extreme May December romances and marriages in kingdum halls that I've had to shake my head in disbelief at what these people must be thinking. They can't deny that they'd much prefer sister young-fresh-hot-tight-body to old pioneer 50 years in the truth sister one-foot-in-the-grave---the-other-on-a-bannana-peel. No matter what front brother elder might put out for people to see, when it's "on like a chicken bone" spirituality flies out the window.

(Insert Irish accent here) Dirty ole men the lot of them.

• seawolf
    seawolf

Pretty much the same thing here, although not to such an extreme as invisible's cases (that I recall). I can't recall many examples other than ppl rushing to get married like there's no tomorrow. A woman I know was dating a guy and told him no and he married another woman two weeks later lol Another one met a woman at the assembly one time and the first phone call after the assembly he proposed to her and they got married a week or two after that. wild huh Mainly this and people marrying the first one that comes along.

Me? well, I was talking to girl that was 18 and I'm in my middle 20s and she informed me that I was "too old" and stopped talking to me. What's with that?

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I thought I knew of some extreme age differences until I read this thread .

18 - 66 is not May to September, more like Feb. to November!!

We once had a C/o who was well into his 60's and had a nice young wife ,no more than 30. She used to occasionally give him prompts on the platform when he had forgotten the next thought. But he was unconventional in other ways too . I rather liked him.

In one congo Bro D sadly lost his long term wife to cancer,both in their 60's . Within a few weeks he was seeing sister L ,in 20- 30s . They soon had registry office wedding and that upset everyone who thought it was not right . Last I heard they were still ok .

I believe it is all down to a firm belief in the New World. After all , if you are going to live forever ,what does a few years now matter? Age would soon even out

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

The only age-difference marriage I'm familiar with was a brother in our hall who married a sister in a neighboring hall when he was 30 or 31 and she was 18. She was a good friend of our family and we went to her high school graduation. So did Preston. We thought nothing of it at the time, but he had already been scoping her out. They [apparently] "fooled around" and he got private reproof and lost his position as ministerial servant.

There was a little talk about the age thing, but I think everyone pretty much let it slide with those two since he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Personally I have nothing against a relationship or a marriage with a noticeable age difference provided the two really love each other. Or if both are in it just for the sex and that is understood by both. Those little 18-year-old Britney Spears wanna-be's are nice to look at but usually lousy in the sack. Give me a woman in her 30's or 40's any day. All you young bucks reading this, take my advice. date a woman in her 30's or 40's for a while. You'll learn a lot, have a blast, and thank me in the morning.

Mike.

• termite 35
    termite 35

I heard the very same thing Blues Brother;a pioneer sis. married a much older guy(A LOT older than her father) The mother was ok about it ; but the father was pretty uncomfortable with the 'dirty-old-man-and-my-baby' senario;he was won over with good old fashioned common sense though, when wifey pointed out that in the New System,he'll get younger every day and that the disgust that he felt for the relationship was a test; to prove his faith in the paradise earth promise.

Poor guy-what a test-yuk.

edited for sp.

Edited by - termite 35 on 9 July 2002 19:23:22

• minimus
    minimus

Older women should not marry younger guys.Older men should marry young gals. lol

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

You all talk about age diference like it is something bad. I happen to be married to a man 18 years my senior. Been married 10 years and we still get along like the day we were married. My father is 7 years older than hubby but they get along great. age makes no difference if you truely love one another.

• LB
    LB

I know of one where the man was 22 and the woman 45. Now he's turning 50 this year and she's 73. She's been inactive physcially for 20 years.

But what the heck, the system is ending any day now so they will both be young, right?

This couple also sold their house back in 75 because the system was ending. They've been renters ever since.

Edited by - LB on 9 July 2002 23:23:4

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

zenpunk - your story is so much like mine. At 16-17 my mother was dragging me around to CA and DC to meet these much older men. Most had severe psychological problems (probably why no one else had grabbed them yet) I was disgusted by having her take me to these things. She bought me this dress that just screamed - see what I got!!! and drag me off to thses meetings where theses old guys practically drooled all over their shirts at the prospect of this minor being all theirs. She finally proposed (Yes she proposed) to one fellow - not baptised yet who was only 2 years older than me. I had just turned 18 two weeks before and he was at the house for the Sat service arrangement. She took us both into the kitchen and asked us when we were going to get married and it better be soon. We both sat there stunned as she walked out of the kitchen. He looked at me and asked "So what do you think?" and I said OK. My mother came back in and asked when was the date. Disgusting. I barely knew this guy. He started coming to meetings in Feb. This was June and she arranged the marriage for one week after he got baptized - 6 weeks after she proposed.

I am disgusted thinking about it.

I can't believe other mothers were doing the same thing. Yuck I feel so bad for you.. and me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit