Evolution & Beck_Melborne

by Francois 38 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

know that evolution thread? It's buried now somewhere around page 8 or 9 and still getting posts. However not as many as one would expect given its initial popularity. In fact, I've had several private emails asking me to re-start it at the top because it's getting hard to find.

If you all are interested, those of you who were posting like mad on it, I'd be happy to restart it here. Maybe Beck_Melborne will leap in. Beck, It's almost ten in the morning in Melborne? Pls. send email from work. Can you? Beats law.

Francois

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

Frank,

Quantum and the other fundies proved evolution true. They evolved from humans into primates. Now they spout their juvenile attempts at quoting scripture.

If there is one thing that irritates me more than JWs its damn Fundies....

SIMON WHERE IS THE IGNORE FEATURE.......Or the terminate and rapture feature? Our thread was hijacked by them :-(

• Francois
    Francois

Well, only one of them actually, GD. And we were doing a fine job of ignoring him. I think some other people would have had a lot to say that was very interesting on that evolution issue if they could have found it again.

The bttt thingy doesn't work anymore. I suppose someone abused it. But that thread was as good a candidate for its use as I've ever seen. And that thread was one of the most thoughtful I've seen in awhile. If it's dead, I guess it's dead. It IS way back there buried.

But if that thread is dead, I'd certainly like to thank everyone who participated (with the exception of the fundys - of which JWs are certainly a part. I see no difference in 'em). You all put forth your best efforts, behaved like adults, and with sophistication and not a little elan. It seemed a great time was had by all.

Thank you all very much.

And if you want to continue it - well. Here's your chance. I'm fer it.

Francois

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

F, it's 10.45 now in Melbourne and I'm about to walk down the street to buy a muffin (Beck's probably chowing down on morining tea already!). When I get back I'll go looking for the evolution thread - as I missed it. I was watching something on cable last nite about evolution and my jw dad phoned in the middle of it. Dad came back with, but how could the eye have evoloved? I told him it was the same way that bacteria evolve to outwit antibiotics. Not much of an answer I eh? I look forward to reading the thread.

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

Francios, I've just read your post on page 8. It's a good question. Seems the obvious way out for Christians to me. However, I'm now really curious about you. I admire almost all of what you write. You seem very with it. What I don't get is how you have come out of this whole thing with a belief in God. How have you managed that? When I stopped believing in dubdom in 1977 I stopped believing in God. I wasn't trying to be clever or intellectual - I just couldn't see it any other way. So what is your secret to believing in God?

Marilyn

• larc
    larc

Francois, You can go to search at the top of the page, use a key word and find it. You can also, click the white box by your name, and it will show the threads you have started recently.

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I'll throw in again. One of the things that irritates me about some scientists and especially the WTS is this presumption that people in ancient cultures were stupid. I think that the very existence of the Pyramids proves that wrong but many still insist on it. As if somehow we are sooo much more advanced. In some ways we are but in some ways we've reverted. Aristotle thought existence to be composed of 4 elements water, fire, earth, air. Well we now know he was wrong but during his time period that was the best explanation that was possible. Right now we have made theories based on the best information available as well. It is fact that evolution does occur and until something strange happens it will remain a fact. You can argue until you're blue in the face but until some type of new proof is shown you're just spinning your wheels.

So where does this lead me? Aristotle was correct for his time. Of the things that applied to his time period he gave the best possible explanation. As of this time period evolution (in some form) is the best possible explanation. New theories that I don't know jack about are popping up now. String and new chaos (I hope someone can give a short explanation of both). Anyway, that is the soap box speech. Given the way that the history of man has gone there seems to be a pattern of dark ignorance followed by enlightenment followed by dark ignorance and so on. There may have been civilizations older than we know that were part of this same trend thus the amazing feat of the pyramids. Ok, now I'm rambling. Time for bed.

gsx1138

• QUANTUM
    QUANTUM

over half the fun of the last evo thread was because I was there!

I'm very...very disappointed in many of you because your learning skills have all dried up....I blame that on the BIG BAD WOLF ( wts). As I grow fonder and fonder for many of you my sarcasm is bound to fade some, but we wouldn't want it to completely disappear now, would we?

His excellency: QUANTUM

• QUANTUM
    QUANTUM

string theory has something to do with vibrations. As a lame example, take your favorite chair for instance.....because the tiny whatevers which make up the building blocks(actually they are closer to light rays) vibrate at a certain frequency....if something were to act upon that frequency...Lets say someone like GOD...he could change that chair into ..lets say a chevy.....While all of you are concerned with your extravagant philosophies...GOD is using His higher Knowledge to organize worlds without number. There are things in the universe which act for themselves and things which need to be acted upon. GODS imutable power is the very fact that all things ( except for man..with few exceptions) do as GOD commands ..they have eons ago given themselves over to Him while He provides a universe without chaos where they can exist in a state of order. The mystery behind all of this is the eternal truth that all things have life and there is not one square inch of space that is not alive. there is not one square inch that is not filled with life...these are postulates offered many years ago by one who was given the inspiration to understand them and are now being seen and proved by science. It would be nice if you could break free from the worn out old philosophies and learn the real truth...it's much more fascinating.

QUANTUM......THE TEACHER

• D8TA
    D8TA

His excellency: QUANTUM

Bwa ha!

because the tiny whatevers which make up the building blocks(actually they are closer to light rays) vibrate at a certain frequency

Here's an "educated" mind for you all, "tiny whatevers"....

Bwa ha ha!

The mystery behind all of this is the eternal truth that all things have life and there is not one square inch of space that is not alive

Oh stop! :: whipes tears of laughter from eyes :: "NOT ONE SQAURE INCH OF SPACE" Oh stop! Bwa ha ha ha! Ooooh...there's more???

there is not one square inch that is not filled with life...these are postulates offered many years ago by one who was given the inspiration to understand them and are now being seen and proved by science.

There's not one square inch that is NOT filled with life????? Whoooooa....bwa ha hahhahhahahahahahaaaa

:: falls outta the chair laughing so hard...can't breathe ::

It would be nice if you could break free from the worn out old philosophies and learn the real truth...it's much more fascinating.

"philosophies"????? This all explained by "philosophies"???? not SCIENCE???? OOOOOOHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Your post is NOT fascinating....it's down right IGNORANT AND HUMOROUS!!!!!!!!!!!

BWWWAASAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHASHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA\

D8TA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit