Is Jehovah Irresponsible?

by Amazing 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Amazing, there is no doubt that the WTBTS seeks to glorify itself. At best, it denys (psychologically speaking ) the inconsistencies ( like the examples you give) and perpetrates the "fantasy" in order to retain power over its membership. The whips are fear and guilt. However, it is a a fearful thing for people to accept the reality of nature without a "fantasy"and so, there is a need out there and the WT and other groups are filling that need. When I was very young I naively thought everyone was asking the Big Questions but as I grew older I realized that very few were sincere and fewer still were serious about the answers. It has been a harrowing experience. Yes, the problem is with WT theology, and with their fantasy image of God and with their selfish need to glorify themselves. Your questions are provocative and those who respect you (and there are many, including myself) are going to come face to face with a personal religious crisis if they contemplate the meaning of their honest answers. This can be a good thing but frought with feelings of despair. A good thing because at last we are facing the nature of existential experience and approaching the thing with one eye on how a "belief system" can compound ignorance and finally paralyze and blind us from realizing our true nature. I won't go on here because much of what I have to say has been said in other posts. However I will ask this question : What is there that is beyond "Belief"?

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

nancee park.........If God were really loving, why wouldn't he just initiate punishment on his bad child(Satan) immediately (the way we are trained to punish our children) instead of making countless generations suffer. Oh that's right he wanted to prove a point to some of his hevenly poker buddies.

-BONEZZ

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

Sorry, didn't mean to attribute that last comment as a quote. I just screwed up on the buttons. I guess it is a quote but it's from me.

-BONEZZ

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

I remember a visiting CO explaining to us how great our religion was over Christendoms because we could explain things logically...such as why a loving God would not torture his created Humans in a Hellfire for eternity...and we could certainly explain away 3-headed Gods in a logical manner.

Right. (It also helps you have your own translation of the Bible, no?) And I remember reading somewherecant remember now. ..that so many people have been drawn to the organization because they HAD the answers to the questions these people always had. It didnt matter whether it was the WRONG answer. It was an ANSWER. And thats what they were looking for.

But, yeah, beyond that, where things CANNOT be explained, and lol there are a fewits the old, are you questioning Gods decisions? Brainwashing 101.

• Salud
    Salud

Good questions here are asked that at the very least should merit our consideration. The problem with the JW' mindset is that there is this underlying fear not to ask questions that they know can get them in trouble. There is fear of the answer, either it will weaken their faith or it will bring into question their own spirituality. You would be viewed as one that is 'running' ahead of the organization, or you recieve the standard answer, to wait on Jehovah which many times did nothing for the troubled soul. This very mentality and fear is hightlighted today in the pedophile issue plaguing the Society. People are afraid to question their faith much less anything the Society says or does.

• gumby
    gumby

Is the problem with Watchtower theology, or with the loving God concept, or both?

I would say with both. Aside from the W.T. idea.....why would God create animals to kill each other, other humans,etc. This isn't only a problem for witnesess, but for all christians to answer. Why were deadly viruses CREATED? Weren't they there before sin....or did God make deadly viruses after sin to teach us a lesson?

I chose not to think of a loving creator doing any of the above.

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

Amazing, did you see this? I loved Farkel's take on this very subject:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=30150&site=3

cheers, Spidey

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

If god's ways are unsearchable, why do the believers spend so much searching them?

"Nothing fails like prayer"

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I am a parent, with 3 children. I say shoot the pit bull, don't let your kids swim with sharks, or alligators, and carry a gun in the woods to shot evil snakes.

I would do anything to protect my kids, I totally agree with you amazing, why were we left so helpless, being imperfect as we are. Adam and Eve, sinned not us. So why do we have to keep "bearing the father's sin", as the Bible says that is wrong?

What loving father would give his son a scorpion when he asks for a fish? Or something to that effect? All these things makes me wonder if there is a God and how can he stand to see his"children" , suffer for so long? Even if a 1000 yrs is like a day to him, he knows it is not to us. It is like a freakin 1000 years to us. How much longer must we be punished, seems like a damn long, "time out"!!!!! I am tired of sitting in the corner waiting for my sentence to be up.

• SYN
    SYN

Nancee: A perfect body able to withstand a vegetarian bear attack???? LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit