Evolution/Creation Talk

by truthseeker1 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

evolution doesn't explain how laws, languages, beliefs came about.

What are you talking about? All languages evolve, beleifs evolve, and so do laws. Evolution does explain such social tools.

• City Fan
    City Fan

flooding the planet would be an easy task explaining the location of animal remains on the high peaks of mountain ranges around the world

Ravingferret - you don't need to consider going back - you're there already. By the way which animals are we talking about, elephants, fish or what?

• ravingferret
    ravingferret

Greetings,

Hope you all had a great weekend and thx. for the notes,as for a bit of history, I used to study with JW's years ago,but found it very limiting,with regards to personal lifestyle and so on,but one thing I do however believe is in the creation,basically because nothing else really makes sense,so if we were created,it would obviously by God.
    As for the flood,all I meant was that if God created everything,a flood would hardly be a hard task to carry out,considering all his power.

Take Care
    Ferret

• Xander
    Xander

Ferret:

Two questions, then.

Why did god create parasites and viruses?

How do you explain that viruses and bacteria both DO INDEED EVOLVE and CAN BE OBSERVED DOING SO? I mean, there is no dispute that evolution DOES happen.

• SYN
    SYN

Ferret: Hi, nice to meet ya, wish I could do some of those extreme sports, but unfortunately both cash and time are too limited for me in my current job! Sounds like fun tho!

Anyway, back to the main point. Why did God make us look so different from our close relatives, the apes? Why do we have virtually no body hair like them? And why is the format of our body hair so different to theirs? Why are our babies capable of holding their breaths when pushed underwater until they come to the surface again (and this right after birth too!) Why do we grow long hair, unlike every other ape, and then only on our heads? Why is our body hair arranged in such a way that it doesn't resist the flow of water over our bodies? Why is our urine so un-concentrated (a very bad thing in a dry savanah, and an attribute that is only shared by us and other aquatic mammals such as dolphins?) Why is our body fat sheath so different to that of the apes, and why does it in fact closely resemble that of the whales and dolphins? Why are our lungs so much more efficient than those of our ape cousins? Why are our hips shaped more like those of an otter than those of an ape? Why do only we and other aquatic mammals have the "diving reflex"? Why will a baby, if born underwater, hold it's breathe and wait to start breathing only when it reaches the surface?

Do some research, man! And enjoy those extreme sports...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=aquatic+ape

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ferret

What I need to know is what to work towards and nobody on this site seems to have an idea
    My theory is that we preexisted, and came here for our own reasons. God didn't send us, it was our own total free will decision. If that is true, then we probably can find these reason(s) within ourselves. How to find them. Maybe through internal meditation, hypnotic regression, and things like that. So, except for help in the above named proceedures, you don't need to go to others for them to tell you a purpose. It's all in your hands. You have it all. It's something like the beatles song 'the inner light'

Without going out of my door
    I can know all things of earth
    With out looking out of my window
    I could know the ways of heaven

The farther one travels
    The less one knows
    The less one really knows

Without going out of my door
    You can know all things of earth
    With out looking out of my window
    You could know the ways of heaven

The farther one travels