Sydlik's Prayer and Sunday's NYC Convention

by Mister Biggs 47 Replies latest social current

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

a long prayer does not equalize the fact that the ring has no diamond but a glas fixed in.

they give them glasperls and plastics to exchange devote faith for their doings.

a woman with a ring of glas will throw it into the waste.

Sydlik is an old man, if he will ever play on heavenly harp I do doubt

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

I agree with blondie's recent point about the closing prayer being nothing more than a review.

• wilting
    wilting

I don't know where this fake prayer stuff comes from. When you have a speech, or any thing like that, that you have to do in front of a large amount of people, what do you do. You think about what you want to say at that time and your thoughts and feelings on it, and you WRITE IT DOWN. Because human imperfection makes you forget things when your nervous, and it makes you lose your thoughts, no matter how sincere you are. Im sure thats why that dude had his written out.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Dear Wilting... nonsense. If one of the elect ``Brothers of Christ'' whose entire conscious life for the past 60 years or more has been fully taken up with matters spirirtual, is incapable of uttering a coherent, heartfelt, spontaneous prayer to his heavenly Father, then something's seriously amiss.

• Bodhisattva
    Bodhisattva

Everything I write down gets edited to fit in the time allotted!

• thewiz
    thewiz

are you sure the prayer wasn't lip synced?

if Madonna can lip sync than why not Sydlik?

maybe they will in time, or maybe they have already.

I heard that Milton Henschel can't talk anymore, so why not use lip sync for him?

• SYN
    SYN
    "Approaching Our Dear Heavenly Father Jehovah With Appropriately Non-Ostentatious Words Of Sincere Gratitude For All His Gifts In The Name Of The Watchtower Bible And Tract Society, AMEN"?

Sounds like the next Book Release (TM) at the upcoming Convention! LOL!

if Madonna can lip sync than why not Sydlik?

And with that, the Governing Body came one step closer to being Britneyfied.

• ronin1
    ronin1

Listening to Sydlik's prayer on Sunday afternoon made me tired and discusted.

Right after his long-winded reading from a script prayer was over, I said to my husband that he probably had not given a talk in a long time and needed to vent.

Then after his long-winded reading from a script prayer was over, all in the audience kept clapping and clapping and clapping.

My husband and I immediately walked up the stairs and left the convention site.

P.S.-This was one of the most boring assemblies I have ever attended.

I picked the talks I decided to go to sleep on and the ones I decided to go to my car and relax.

Ronin1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit