New book pisses active Witnesses off!

by Intuit39 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Threestars
    Threestars

SpiderMonkey: excuse me for hijacking this thread about the new, er, well new OLD book, but just what exactly was the old fool's problem with your comic book collection? That is so sad.

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Well, gosh, it's about bloody time something 'within' the borg pissed it's own recruits off. This sounds huge. Talk about the missing link? Now we have the missing chapters. *Poof* The GB must be into that devil magic disappearing stuff that they warn everyone of. Oops, but of course, it's ok for THEM.

What a bizarre world the GB must live in eh? Do they consider ALL their slaves to be idiots and not notice the missing chapters? Ah, get out the back-hoes and let them dig their own graves.

We're trying to show people the error of the troof, but hey, if the GB is gonna start doin it - Praise Jah! LOL

All the villiage idiots are in Brooklyn; no bout a doubt it!

Mimilly

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

It was shortly after a "morning worship" segment about the "dangers" of reading comic books. LOL, they even showed an X-Men comic on all the TV screens to show what they were talking about!

Men & women in scandalously painted-on outfits exhibiting superhuman powers. Obviously from the demons.

Violence. Human beings elevated to the status of gods - YES, that note about the picture in Max Larceny's office DOES piss me off, esp. when I think about it in this context... I didn't know about that, or the Galleon with the crosses... wonder how he rationalizes that crap!!!!!! Never mind that I learned the greatest lesson of my life, ever, from Spider-Man... "With great power comes great responsibility."

Anyway, back to the topic at hand... I don't want to hijack this thread either!

• Simon
    Simon

Who knows ... this may be a precursor to them dropping the blood doctrine.

If they do, they will not announce it as they have not announced their U-Turns in the past. Instead, over time, all mention of it will be erased and tried to be forgotten until one day they will say "Blood? No we never stopped people taking that ... it's always been up to people's conscience"

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme
    If they do, they will not announce it as they have not announced their U-Turns in the past. Instead, over time, all mention of it will be erased and tried to be forgotten until one day they will say "Blood? No we never stopped people taking that ... it's always been up to people's conscience"

Sad but true, I'm afraid.. But if they do stop the blood issue, that will be a good thing, no matter what happens, as I really hate to hear stories of people dying for this cult!

• SYN
    SYN

This could be as big as the Generation doctrine change, really. The sad thing is, a lot of the old-school crowd will still carry right on believing that getting blood for their kids is a sin worse than anything else, so lives will still be lost

• City Fan
    City Fan

My mother usually gives me new publications to read. She's had several opportunities to give me this new book but so far hasn't.

I'll be ready with some 'missing blood chapter' questions if she does though. I think I might ask her which 'New Light' does SHE think will be next!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I agree Simon. They will make it a "conscience" issue to cover their asses.

• Intuit39
    Intuit39

I have to admit that I haven't even looked at one of their damn books for over a year now, but I'm very interested in seeing the minor wording changes, too.

I agree with some of the posts above, this may prove to be similar to the generation change if it gets more than just a few active dubs to scratch their coco and go, "HUH?"

Yahweh??? You mean the tribal
    ba'al of Jethro the Midianite?

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

My parents came home from the convention and presented with me of a copy of each of the new books, along with the propaganda brochure to guilt jw kinds into bethel service (good old ma and pa)...I have just started reading each book, and will have lots of posts to make as I continue my research...

I am currently looking for an Old United in Worship book myself...I will let ya know what I find out...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit