New book pisses active Witnesses off!

by Intuit39 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Intuit39
    Intuit39

My sister just called me at work to let me know that her husband (until recently, unsympathetic to her doubts) is thoroughly confused and pissed off by the new 'worship' book!

He has been comparing it with the 'United' book, has noted the obvious differences (3 missing chapters), and has begun examining it word for word...now he is raving looney about it.

To top it off, they were at Bethel within the last few days, somehow ended up in Brother Larson's personal office, and were astonished to find a model Spanish galleon replete with huge CROSSES, and a huge portrait of good ol' Max towering over the Watchtower itself. She said her husband thought it looked like a propaganda poster for 'big brother'....

FINALLY! something to make the man think... I believe their time withing the WT compound is limited...

"All along the Watchtower
    ...told a pack of LIES!!

• Southland
    Southland

What are the titles of the three missing chapters? (Apologies if this was answered elsewhere already.)

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I have found similar experiences within the "friends" group I associate. Previously not much sympathy for my "apostate" leanings. (LOL little do they know I'm a full blown apostate). When I mentioned the new book and the missing chapters, WELL .... you should see the looks on their faces. I'm sure it's going to get more than one JW to THINK THINK THINK.

The thing that worries me about posting this info here is that since not all the conventions have occurred yet, the good ole boys might decide to drop the book for "typos" or something before every JW gets their hands on it. Just like the new blood card.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I heard the book leaves out the blood issue. That is just second hand info, so I am not sure if it is true. Can someone verify that for me? If that is so, they are preparing to make some drastic changes that of course they will try to do ever so subtly. I think that is going to really hit the heart of alot of active witnesses, especially those who had to face and stand up for the blood issue. Not to even, mention those who children have died for something they may decide is NOW a conscience matter. I would go after them with everything I had. If it goes down like this, I am 100% going to d/a myself and go on an apostate I hate JW mission!!! Their days of playing God , may have finally caught up with them. I hope every self righteous JW will at least have their faith foundations shaken by this, seems to me, the wheels are in motion for this very thing.

Boy, aren't we living in a fasinating time? ( Using the WTBS own words) Oh yeah, we sure are.

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Moe managed to get a copy of the book....

check out this thread...

New WT books Highlights...

Spice

• jwsons
  • Intuit39
    Intuit39

Well, my brother-in-law has been so rattled by all of this that he took the plunge, and called his parents ('elder' and elderette) and started asking them all kinds of questions to which they lovingly hung up on him. Now, this is a young man who has done everything in his power to play the game so, needless to say, that smacked him like a ton of bricks. Just the thing to wake a person up from the dumbdom!

I don't believe anything anymore...
    I was raised a Jehovah's Witness!!!

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

If the Watchtower Society isn't putting their foot in their mouth, they're using it to kick themselves in the ass.

Devon

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

Spice & jwsons: thank you VERY much for posting those 2 threads; I probly would have missed them otherwise. For years, I've just "written off" my JW family; now, though, I think I might have some "food [for thought] at the proper time" for them

With warmest apostate greetings , Spidey

edited to add: Intuit39, Max Larson has always been a raving zealot looney. I "credit" him with being the one to discover my comic book collection while I was at Bethel. "Thanks" to him, I had to throw out 100's of fairly old comic books which would probably be worth 1000's of dollars now

Edited by - spidermonkey on 8 July 2002 21:55:22

• myself
    myself

Spidey isn't it maddening that in Brother Larson's personal office, there is a model Spanish galleon replete with huge CROSSES, and a huge portrait of good ol' Max towering over the Watchtower itself. and they made you do away with your comic book collection?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit