Y'all gotta admit, i got strong Faith

by Legendary U.2.K. 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Legendary U.2.K.
    Legendary U.2.K.

<i>Me & my girlfriend Decided a long time ago(2 years) that We not having kids. For Reasons, But one of the Reasons is because, We gonna wait till the next life(Isaiah 65:17/New Paradise Earth), another Reason is cause, We Knoweth that the messiah Will Come back in our life time..... Now that's hella Strong faith, We have faith that The Final Destruction/Peace & Safety/Armageddon Will happen in our life time.... So We waiting! Great right?</i>

• Bang
    Bang

Sure that you shouldn't be having children now?

"For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels of God"

Or do jws think that there's a class thing going on there?

Bang

Edited by - Bang on 8 July 2002 3:38:59

• Legendary U.2.K.
    Legendary U.2.K.

<i>hmmmmmmm</i> Give me The Name/Chapter/Verse please!

• Bang
    Bang

It's in a parable, in Matthew 22. The 'who's wife will she be' one, but I'm sure that's not the only place.

Bang

• onacruse
    onacruse

I have no general interest in responding to such posts, but MR WISE & RIGHTEOUS, try this on for size:

1974: My wife and sitting at assembly, center 10 seats from front row. We'd had dinner with my folks the night before and shared that she was pregnant (accident, but so be it). Brother got up and gave talk about how NO GOOD LOVER OF JEHOVAH WOULD EVEN THINK ABOUT HAVING CHILDREN SOOOOOO CLOSE TO ARMAGEDDON.

My newly pregnant wife sitting beside me, my pride in looking forward to a family. IT WAS EVERYTHING I COULD DO TO KEEP FROM STANDING UP AND SCREAMING AT THAT MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your self-righteous insensitivity makes me want to puke.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

U2K:

It is probably a very good idea. If you are successful you may be a worthy nominee for this years Darwin award.

As for faith - what is your focus? John 3:16 should be giving you a clue as to what (who) you should really be looking at.

Both myself and my wife made a similar decision when we attended the talk "Responsible Childbearing in the Time of the End!", in the mid-eighties. Ah, the regrets!

Edited by - LittleToe on 8 July 2002 6:56:6

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

Congratulations. I hope your faith doesn't let you down and in about 30 years or so you regret that you didn't have any kids.. I can only wonder if the JW's in the 1900s,1910s,1920s,1930s,1940s,1950s,1960s,1970s,1980s, and 1990s that decided to wait for the new system have any regrets.

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

Well done! Good on you...the thought of one less set of suffering dub kids makes me very happy. Please never never reproduce...unless you leave the stinking cult and get re-educated about reality. The world does NOT need more screwed-up Jdub kids.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

My parents went together for 10 years because the society said faithful witnesses would wait 'till after armageddon to marry. Finally, Knorr got married, and it was suddenly ok. So they married. My Mom loved kids, and wanted many, but because of the years they waited, I was all they were to have. (except many miscarriages, and a brother that lived only a day and a half.) They often lamented about the years they waited, that they could have been together, and the children they could have had. They are now dead.

Many of my generation listened to the organization and didn't have children. They are now too old to have them. I am happy that I didn't listen. ( I was pregnant in 1975 ) I I have 2 great children, and 2 grandchildren. I shudder to think that I could have missed out on having them had I listened to the "wisdom" of that cult.

cb

• Bang
    Bang

Is that it?

Don't tell me that your faith in that is so strong that you need advice from others, or more looks in a book or something. Doesn't sound all that strong. The hmmmmmmm should be enough to go ahead with having littlies.

I find it disturbing that people in the west don't have children younger. People say, "oh you're not prepared or ready yet"; Why? because we might have to help? What a load of crap. The truth is that young people shouldn't have kids because we're so fucking greedy - maybe they're not quite ready to come up with the rent.

There's nothing quite like the authority to therapeutically treat social deviance - the ultimate arrogance outside jwism.

Bang

Edited by - Bang on 8 July 2002 7:41:0

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit