Governing Body Mandating That Parents Shun DF'd Preteens Baptized Children Will Hurt Them Big Time In The Courts

by Brokeback Watchtower 23 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku
    DATA-DOG - The worst thing the WTBTS could ever imagine is an ex-JW Lawyer working for Zalkin. Can you even imagine?
    That would be cool. Or maybe one of their accountants...Can you imagine?
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

One thing that this experience show a prime example of is Parental Toxic Love. As the WT organization like to be called our mother(a witch bitch is more like it) she is a sterling example of a mother who is never happy with what the children do and always wants them to do more, uses guilt to manipulate, and will kick you to the curb or throw you under the bus if it means a benefit for her.

Remember what the mother said. She said is always saying to her own flesh and blood children about how very conditional her love is towards them which in itself is a form abuse to be remind over and over again by a nagging mom about how she will leave you twisting in the wind if you leave the WT corporation/sock puppet imaginary corporate Jehovah.

https://dietfreebody.wordpress.com/2013/01/09/toxic-parents-how-do-you-know-when-its-time-to-let-go/

As much as we wish they were different. As much as we long to believe that they do really love us and care about us and will be there for us, when you have a toxic parent, there will come a day when you have to face the facts.
    Our relationship with them is full of emotional, physical and spiritual poison and it feels like it’s killing us.
    By definition, any toxic relationship is primarily characterized by actions and behaviours that are emotionally damaging. It is riddled with feelings of guilt, insecurity, self-centredness, control, manipulation, insult and threat.
    A healthy relationship is one where there is mutual love, caring, respect and compassion, where there is care for the welfare and well-being of the other, where we feel loved and accepted for who we are and the relationship feels SAFE.
    A toxic relationship does NOT feel safe.
    It feels anxious and destructive and drains us emotionally, physically and spiritually.
    It feels like a burden, an obligation and a trap and because it’s our parents, it’s not generally a relationship that we talk about or even consider ending.
    It’s acceptable to divorce your partner, it’s acceptable and encouraged to leave any sort of toxic, abusive relationship in fact, it is actively encouraged, EXCEPT when the toxic person is your parent.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/collections/201402/toxic-love/toxic-relationships-health-hazard

Regardless of the degree of toxicity in your relationship - if it’s unhealthy it’s time to fix it, or get out of it! So how do you know if your relationship is toxic? Consider the following tips and questions whole heartedly to understand and prepare yourself. Follow the steps below to free yourself, if you already know the answer.
    Emotions are Information:
    How do you feel when you are with your significant other? Notice whether you are feeling happy and loved, or criticized and controlled. A healthy relationship is filled with openness, mutual support, respect, positive regard, and exploration. A toxic relationship is stifled, judgmental, critical, and filled with mockery. Are you being put down, or lifted up? Constructive criticism comes from a place of love and is intended to help. Belittling is meant to take away one's power and inner strength.
    Be Your Authentic Self:
    In a healthy relationship it’s safe and easy to be your true self. Each person’s thoughts, opinions, and aspirations are important, valued, and supported by the other. Communication is honest and open. Conversations are free and based on ideas,dreams, and shared responsibilities. In a toxic relationship, one person feels stifled. Their dreams and life goals are squashed, irrelevant, unimportant, and often get sacrificed for the sake of the other. Their true self is denied and feels atrophied.
  • GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

One phrase in the video speaks more truth than they intended: "...just a body in the car." It doesn't matter that you hurt and need support, it doesn't matter that going against your natural parental instincts has torn you apart inside. The only thing that matters is to "Do what we tell you to do, no matter what!"

The shunning policy punishes the parents and siblings just as much as the DF'ed, if more. All that matters to Brooklyn is showing that they are the master, and the slaves prove their loyalty through unconditional obedience.

• zeb
    zeb

shun pre-teens! WTH!

what for? being little buggars? ... all kids are at some time. I hope this video finds itself onto the shelves of every lawyer, counsellor and judge and police station.

I have a new friend who is studying counselling I will ensure she gets this.

ps. and let there by no mistake if these people had ended up in a court then wt would be claiming it was 'their' the parents, personal decision to shun.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    This video should be downloaded by everyone in case the Bitchtower manages to get the video yanked from You Tube.
  • Lightgrowsbrighter
    Lightgrowsbrighter

http://www.jw.org/en/jehovahs-witnesses/faq/shunning/

Paragraph 3 in the above FAQ link; quote: "What of a man who is disfellowshipped but whose wife and children are still Jehovah’s Witnesses? The religious ties he had with his family change, but blood ties remain. The marriage relationship and normal family affections and dealings continue."

I guess this 'reasonable' looking comment on JW.org about 'normal family affections and dealings continue(ing)' only applies to a man. If you are not the man of the house, but another family member, you are gonna get cut off. Unfortunately, I personally know of men who have been disfellowshipped and their super JW family totally shun them, despite the above mentioned policy. What a hypocritical, convoluted, Pharisee like mess the WT leaders have created. So sad that so many young ones are permanently damaged by this unchristian policy.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

When does shunning become a human rights violation?

There's gotta be something someone could get them on.

• talesin
    talesin
    GREAT articles, BW.
  • StrongHaiku
    StrongHaiku
    sparrowdown - When does shunning become a human rights violation?
    A case can be made that what the JWs do is a violation of Human Rights...In fact, I believe some people may be trying to make the case officially or have already tried.
    United Nations Declaration of Human Rights:
    Article 12.
    • No one shall be subjected to arbitrary interference with his privacy, family, home or correspondence, nor to attacks upon his honour and reputation. Everyone has the right to the protection of the law against such interference or attacks.

Article 18.

• Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.

Added the following after I posted, which may or may not be another infringed right:

Article 27.

• (1) Everyone has the right freely to participate in the cultural life of the community, to enjoy the arts and to share in scientific advancement and its benefits.
    • (2) Everyone has the right to the protection of the moral and material interests resulting from any scientific, literary or artistic production of which he is the author.
  • umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

I felt she was being terribly serious (for this little assignment anyway) Yet I felt she looked more stressed......oh I don't know......something didn't sit right with me as I watched her. I don't think she believes herself deep inside; just used as a propaganda tactic by the society. I'm betting this woman will end up leaving and I can't justify why I feel this way.

One thing is for sure. As one person pointed out in this thread. I will be very hard to deny that shunning does not happen in this religion. It's out now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit