McKinney Texas pool party?

by Marvin Shilmer 305 Replies latest social current

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

What happened?? Weird. Anyway

Yes, the 400 pound resident who crept up behind the officer was obviously not a threat to the small officer. Why a 300 plus pound man you do not know that is all in the way and standing behind him constantly in range to get the officers gun was not asked to move the world may never know. That 15 year old thug however.. the one who ran away definitely needed to have the gun pulled on him.

violias18 hours ago

McKinney will not let the race baiters win- they will solve this problem and do it without the people who make a living out of stirring up trouble between races( you know who they are).

Who are these people exactly violas you mentioned them multiple times

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

"It's sad that young kids have to exposed to such treatment so young."

Those types of kids as the article stated are not viewed as kids. EVER.

They are referred to with vitirol such as

"Maybe if just a fraction of condemnation and outrage directed at the police officer was actually directed at all the brat, scum, thug, assholes who CAUSED the incident"

• Simon
    Simon

He may have overreacted to some extent but I think the notion that he was solely at fault is crazy.

He was there reacting to a difficult situation. Other people were at way more fault and actually committing criminal acts and yet we can't even point that out without people getting all uppity about it.

The reason he has had to resign is because of the one sided biased overreaction by certain people, not because what he did warrants it.

I'd rather support the police when they are upholding law and order than some selfish disrespectful brat who thinks they are somehow entitled to just take things that aren't theirs.

Apparently though, you are a racist if you don't look at a situation and immediately make a judgement that the black people can't possibly have done anything wrong.

That seems to me to be the very epitome off racism but it's becoming the truth that can't be spoken.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I just watched the full video, bull in a China shop best description I've heard and so true, jmo
  • Simon
    Simon

The real cause of the whole incident is the girl trying to make a quick buck by selling tickets to other peoples property that she had no right to instead of obeying the rules.

Some of her customers were not at fault and followed direction - kudos to them for understanding how civilisation works

But there were enough jumping gates and threatening / fighting that the security guard was overwhelmed and people needed to call the cops and multiple officers had to attend.

So not all innocent by a long way.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    However with respect to how the officer escalated the event we can surely conclude that the outcome was in spite of the officers actions, and not because of them.

Maybe, maybe not. And there lay the conundrum. The officer at issue was one of several, and all of them looked busy to me. They were running one way, then another. There were people everywhere, several of which were blatantly ignoring requests by policy to leave or sit down. Oh, and any one of these individuals could have been packing a weapon, something law enforcement is well aware of.

Remember the bikini gal? Watch her in the video. How many times did she have to be instructed to leave? How long does it take someone to leave the scene? Why does she find it necessary to start walking back toward the scene? What is wrong with this gal? If she does not want to be confronted by police then she needs to stop confronting the police and just leave.

So did this scene end well in part because of this officers actions, or despite his actions. I can't say for sure and no one can. What I can say is that based purely on the video I don't find his actions particularly disturbing. More disturbing to me is what the misbehavior of those teens and adults tells me about the society we live in today. It's no wonder people want to have gated communities!!! It's no wonder people are getting fed up. Where are the parents? The police office at issue is not the one who started this thing. He was called to help mop up behind someone else who started a melee. This is the kind of crap we're thrusting our police officers into the middle of, and it's only getting worse because of population density.

Clue: If a police officer says sit down then SIT DOWN.

Another clue: If a police officer says leave the scene then BACK OFF. Keep your camera rolling if you have one. But BACK OFF.

Law enforcement is not called to the scene to babysit whinny "I-want-my-momma!" teenagers. Law enforcement is called to a scene to maintain safety and keep order.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I just watched the full video and this girl was detained and thrown on the ground for something she obviously said, he was definitely a bull in a China shop.
  • paulmolark
    paulmolark

"He may have overreacted to some extent but I think the notion that he was solely at fault is crazy."

He is a trained officer responsible for his actions. AS THE PROFESSIONAL STATED. He broke the rules. His actions were INDEFENSIBLE. I trust the chief in this regard. We should trust the police for the most part until they behave like little napoleon.

"He was there reacting to a difficult situation. Other people were at way more fault and actually committing criminal acts and yet we can't even point that out without people getting all uppity about it."

The other officers where in the same situation 11 of them, ELEVEN, 10+1 etc.. none of them reacted this way. No one has a problem with the fact that the 10 others did their jobs like professionals. It is the one idiot that is the problem. The THUG ASSHOLE 14 year old girl in the bikini you referred to was not charged with a crime. Those who actually committed criminal acts did not make the moronic little man act OUTSIDE THE BOUNDS OF HIS TRAINING AS STATED BY A PROFESSIONAL WHO HASA BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF HIS OWN PROCEDURES THAN YOU OR ME OR ANYONE ELSE HERE. THE EXPERT SAID HE ACTED OUT OF BOUNDS SEVERELY IN AN INDEFENSIBLE MANNER.

"The reason he has had to resign is because of the one sided biased overreaction by certain people, not because what he did warrants it."

You are telling a bold face lie. The reason was stated by the chief of police that after a thorough internal investigation he was found wanted. YOU can not accept that in this case because the result goes against what you want. P-E-R-I-O-D. What you are stating as a fact is what YOU want to be a fact. You are being dishonest.

"I'd rather support the police when they are upholding law and order than some selfish disrespectful brat who thinks they are somehow entitled to just take things that aren't theirs."

We all support police that follow the rules of the training they receive. ACCORDING TO THE PROFESSIONALS this ONE OFFICER out of the 12 did not do that. WHAT HE DID WAS INDEFENSIBLE according to an expert. Please go back to referring to the 14 year old girl as a THUG/SCUM/ASSHOLE like previously. It is far more entertaining.

"Apparently though, you are a racist if you don't look at a situation and immediately make a judgement that the black people can't possibly have done anything wrong."

Do you realize that you and violas and Marvin are the only ones for the first 4 pages who brought the racial element into this? YOU did this? YOU? You seem to really have an issue with race more so than most here. No one referred to anyone on the copse as racist except you. People are upset that a police officer over-reacted. Race was brought into this by you and violas and Shilbert.

• Simon
    Simon

C'mon - we all know that if that was a white girl it would not have been on the news, there would be no speeches by community leaders or marches.

We didn't make it about race, we're commenting on the fact that it has been made about race by others.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    It's sad that young kids have to exposed to such treatment so young.
    I winced when I heard the bikini gal crying that she wanted her momma. But you know what? She should have listened to the officer and followed his instruction to disperse. It would have taken her only a few seconds to do that. But what does she do? She meanders around. Takes forever. Has to be instructed to leave multiple times. Then when she has nearly left the scene what does she do? She turns around and starts walking right back to the scene.

I'm sorry that she found herself in a harsh circumstance reduced to crying for her momma. But she was asking for a dose of reality and she got it. Based on how she responded to authority in this instance, my best guess is that her momma failed to give her reality lessons earlier in life. Now she's got a dose, and I have news for her. I don't care what color your skin in, or what your nationality is, or what you gender is, life is full of cold hard realities for 99.99 percent of earth's human population. We cannot live in a self-centered world and expect everyone to just put up with us no matter the circumstance. Police officers are not social workers and they are not baby sitters. When someone asks for their presence on the emergency line they respond accordingly for public safety. If nothing else, the bikini gal should have just shut up. But, no. She just could not do it. Then she met a harsh reality that everything is not about her. And she cried for momma. I hope she does that some more, and I hope this time she does it in momma's direct and immediate presence so this time momma can hopefully offer her some good advice and help her realize there are consequences to actions no matter who we are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit