McKinney Texas pool party?

by Marvin Shilmer 305 Replies latest social current

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Do you realize that you and violas and Marvin are the only ones for the first 4 pages who brought the racial elementinto this?

Please show me where I raised race as an element. Can you do that?

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

Hmmm so at least by you omitting the first 4 or 5 points you realize you are in error. Maybe you did that by accident and now that you realized it you will say that is not what happened.

ANYWAY, YOU and two others made this THREAD a race-based thread. That is what I said before. Please do not try to confuse that point.

Had a little 14 year old white girl been thrown to the ground dragged on the concrete and theennn have her braids pulled and theeeeeeeen the knees of a officer in her back while he screamed expletives at her we would still be talking about it and it would be on the news. Last week there was a video of a cop punching a white woman in the face. it was on the news. There have been others. MAYBE you aren't aware of this because you are British and live in Canada?

There would be no marches or speeches because there is not a HISTORY in this country of white police officers brutalizing white people but there is one of it happening to black people.

What is more important what you would not have done is if that video did show this happening to only white kids you would not have referred to the little 14 year old bikini clad white girl "THUG/SCUM/ASSHOLE".

• out4good4
    out4good4
    C'mon - we all know that if that was a white girl it would not have been on the news, there would be no speeches by community leaders or marches.

Please......

If the race roles were reversed and there was a 200 lb. black cop with both his knees in the back of "lil Becky Sue" you guys would be screaming bloody murder for his arrest and crooning incessantly about how unprofessional his actions were.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    YOU and two others made this THREAD a race-based thread.

There you go again. Please show me where I've raised race as an element of this incident. Can you do that?

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Like others have said before. Where would these kids go? They most likely were dropped off by parents their bags with clothes and phones were most likely in the pool area. You can hear the kid saying he can't find his bag.

Regardless...while a few of you are defending his actions...he is apologizing and admitting he was not in the right mindset after responding to two suicide calls before that one. He knows he was wrong, we know he was wrong. But go on and keep going...

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    If the race roles were reversed and there was a 200 lb. black cop with both his knees in the back of "lil Becky Sue" you guys would be screaming bloody murder for his arrest and crooning incessantly about how unprofessional his actions were.

On occasion I've watched a television reality show titled Cops. To me this is one of true reality shows.

Here's what I saw repeatedly:

People of every race and gender who acted badly met stiff confrontation from responding law enforcement personnel. I've seen it happen to white and black "Becky Sues". If you behave badly and act contrary to reasonable instructions from the police the likely outcome is getting handcuffed at least. If you don't immediately comply to the handcuffing then force will be met with force until you're the one with the knee in your back. I finally stopped watching the show because it was the same scene over and over again, no matter the city, no matter the race and no matter the gender.

• paulmolark
    paulmolark

Marvin, let me restate that. You started this thread with the hopes it would go where you wanted it to go. The other two people just took it there. That is your Mode of Operation.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    If this had been a black cop on a white girl, holy he'll would have broken loose,. I don't think this was a race situation but it's still a factor in this country. This cop was pissed that these kids were not dispersing or following his orders fast enough. He already had one kid in cuffs for not complying fast enough several others on the ground. This girl made the mistake of saying something she probably should not of said but that was still no way to handle her. He knows it the office he works for knows it and that's why he resigned.
  • Billyblobber
    Billyblobber

COPS is a horrible basis to use for anything. That's a television show where the police force invites the show to follow them around, sticks them with their best officers who know they are on camera the entire time, and try to act as according to the book as they possibly can for the camera. Also, the show is based on police compliance, so it's important for the police to always be shown in a good light in the show by the producers of the show. They typically always are shown to use the applicable force possible, and be very reasonable with whoever they were dealing with, no matter what.

In "real life," while many, probably the majority of U.S. police are decent people, there are enough of a number of them who are terrible people, or at least people who shouldn't not have that position of authority (ie. known psychological problems), which is a huge problem in this country when combined with the fact that a) prosecutors and police cover for those cops to the point in which many are still able to be police officers even while after abusing their authority, and b) there is often no departmental system in place that weeds out these kind of people that would help to avoid people getting hurt and killed. This makes sense, as police organizations weed out intelligent, balanced people that would make decent officers, either intentionally, or as a byproduct, while attracting personality types that want to feel a semblance of power, and are thus more likely to abuse it.

People have been saying this for a century, but because it was mostly the cries of the poor and/or minorities, not many listened. If it doesn't affect them personally, many people would rather ignore that some things might be happening that makes the world seem more unfair to others than they may have realized. Especially with the weird military/police worship or blind support for authority that many in this country have. It's only recently, with the advent of EVERYONE around having a video camera on their person, that a lot of people are starting to realize that, hey, perhaps all those anecdotes that were once ignored actually have some merit.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin, let me restate that. You started this thread with the hopes it would go where you wanted it to go. The other two people just took it there. That is your Mode of Operation.

That is the kind of complete nonsense I hate in Watchtower and when I see it in others I call them out for it too!

I started this thread to have a decent adult discussion of a current news item. I did not start this thread to suggest anything about race. But then you come along and sling an accusation on my person asserting that I brought a racial element into this.

So what do you do when asked to prove what you say? You make up crap like the above suggesting, basically, NOTHING, except a negative innuendo of a supposed MO. People who make assertions have a burden to prove those assertions true, not to spew ambiguity and innuendo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit