If all people were JWs, who'd commit crimes??

by Bona Dea 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea
    Actually, if everyone was a JW then it's true, there would be no crimes ...

... well, there would be no police officers (not allowed) and if anyone did do something, however insociable, then it would not be reported and would be covered over.

Everything would appear to be ideal. At the end of the day, all they care about is appearances so they would have their 'paradise'.

Now, that is true to the point that it is almost terrifying....

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

If all people were JWs, who would commit crimes? Well, I suppose they could tap my former congregation whenever they needed to.

There was the pioneer sister who was constantly getting arrested for driving drunk and getting in hit and run accidents.

Then there was the MS, married to an elder's daughter who murdered an elderly woman to get money for his cocaine habit.

If the big crimes aren't to your liking, there were plenty of the nasty, greedy, petty-crime sort to choose from also.

• jack2
    jack2

I've always wondered about such stories (a fellow jw friend and I have speculated that such stories are often exaggerated). And if it is true, then what Ozzie, Dakota, and others have mentioned is true - why make a speech about it? Why the self (and organizational) glorification? And what about the scripture that Ozzie posted (hmmm, kind of a play on words, I guess) concerning Jesus' words on giving gifts and acts of mercy?

• Incense_and_Peppermints
    Incense_and_Peppermints

ew.

that's as good as the story of the lone sister who went to the rapist's house but wasn't raped because she was accompanied by two "big burly" dudes who turned out to be "jehovah's angels".

• trevor
    trevor

Eh! Being a Jehovah's Witness is a crime.

• AjaxMan
    AjaxMan

If all people were JWs, who'd commit crimes??

A good theory... but other religions, creeds, beliefs, ideologies and philosophies have the same idea too and usually, theories like that never work in real life (see Communism).

Edited by - AjaxMan on 7 July 2002 16:25:50

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit