Yo-a, Mr. Moe-a.... Goa?

by SpiderMonkey 16 Replies latest jw friends

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

Mr. Moe, a little bird told me you know something about Goa Trance... What gives?!? (This is a fairly obscure musical genre IMO... I DJ goa, or at least I have in the past)... I'd love to hear from you about this

Simon Posford rules

• SYN
    SYN

<sticks up hand>

• SoulJah
    SoulJah

Goa is Da'Bomb! One of my favorite Goa DJ's is" GOA Gill".He'll take you there!

• professor
    professor

I have been know to throw down a few goa tracks. In fact, I almost named my daughter Goa!

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

All right, cue Twilight Zone theme. I'm totally amazed!!!

Prof, do you spin?

SoulJah, Gil has some amazing tracks for sure (OK let's be honest, he has ALL the tracks, he is so well connected )... I have to say, though, I'm on the opposite side of the whole "beatmatching vs. ambient mixing" debate... I find it hard to enjoy his sets...

Do y'all have any favorite artists? Come to think of it, it's been about a year since I shopped for "rekkids"... Any suggestions on websites, or who's good these days? Last time I bought new stuff I was a bit disappointed; it all seemed to be going towards the mainstream "club techno" sound... Is Simon Posford (Hallucinogen) still doing his thing? Slinky Wizard? Green Nuns? Cosmosis/MumboJumbo? Digitalis? My inquiring mind wants to know

• SoulJah
    SoulJah

Spi-Mo, what part of the country are you in?, east?, west?,central?

I know out here on the west coast, I can drive down to SanFrancisco and find a plethora of good "techno" to choose from. One shop on the Haight called: "F-8"[Frequency-8] specializes in Goa. Worth the drive if you live anywhere on the west coast, but if you don't they more than likely have a web site.

• SoulJah
    SoulJah

It's my opinion that know matter how you mix it, Carl Cox is da bomb

[BTW I don't spin but I do dance]

Edited by - SoulJah on 7 July 2002 14:14:28

• professor
    professor
    Prof, do you spin?

Yes, I can match a beat or two! In the 90's I promoted and organized rave parties in the midwest. The scene here was not all about 15-year-old kids on crystal meth back then. It was about the music!

It's my opinion that know matter how you mix it, Carl Cox is da bomb

SolJah comes correct!

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

Souljah, I'm currently living in the South... New Orleans, LA (there is kind of a techno scene here, but it's mostly clubby stuff... gag)... I just moved back here last January, from Portland, OR... I was up there for about 6 years or so... Yeah, I've been to F-8 before; now that you mention it, I think they do have a website! I'll have to do some snooping around.

Prof, that is kewl; I know what you mean about the meth-kiddies. I went to raves in Portland for about 3 years, then started helping some friends who were throwing free parties out in the woods. Now THAT was fun! Get out into the peace & quiet of nature... And then MAKE SOME NOISE

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

YES, I love Goa Trance! I am not an authority on Trance, but Goa is one of my favorites because I can use it for meditation. Now, I wonder who the little bird was...

Kisses,

Moe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit