Anyone from Redding California?

by Ladyruby 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• 4christ
    4christ

Hello, my husband grew up in Anderson. He was born in 1969 and lived there until sometime in the eighties...... attended Enterprise High School. Wonder if you might know him or his sister?

peace-Lauren

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg

Lived in Red Bluff from 1979 to 1982. My uncle and his tribe are in Anderson. Still JWs, unfortunately.

• Mulan
    Mulan

My great grandfather, Charles Strong, was the mayor of Red Bluff in 1920. They lived in a great Victorian house, that still exists as a Bed and Breakfast. Mom and her family all lived there back then. She was about 7.

By the way he was a pedophile, and abused his grand daughters, including my mother............we don't know if he abused his own daughters, but it seems likely. It explains a lot about my mother. Her sisters were normal though.................but what is normal? They don't get weird, like she does. Very sad legacy.

So, I have lots of extended family in that area, Chico and Paradise too.

• Ladyruby
    Ladyruby

I knew the Benbrooks and the Wheelers...

I Also knew Lisa and Mike... They were quite a pair! LOL

If you know these people and would like to compare notes...(so to speak) Email me anytime!

Love yas,

Suzi

• Ladyruby
    Ladyruby

Hi 4christ... You can email me if you would like with the names...

At the time you were talking about... Redding, Enterprise... were all one congregation. They grew into many rapidly after that.

I was in the original Redding congregation... when there was no KH and we met at the Old Grange hall... Later the first of three KH's were built in the Redding area.

Love yas,

Suzi

• recoveringexjw
    recoveringexjw

we had a circuit overseer in the mid 70s that was from red bluff

• buffman
    buffman

I knew the Benbrooks and Wheelers. I was in South Redding hall with them.

• seedy3
    seedy3

Hi Ladyruby,

I used to be in Burney CA when I was a kid, I was there from........ hmmmm let me see that was a long time ago.......... about 1968/69 till about 71/72. Do you still live there?? did you attend the KH there??

When I was about 12/13 my parents moved "Where the need was greater" and they assigned us to Burney CA, my parents were some of the ones that worked to get the Fall River Congregation started. I used to have a lot of friends up there, all JW then but I have wondered what ever happened to them.

Seedy

• recoveringexjw
    recoveringexjw

i beilieve mike and lisas last name is johnson or something i went to there wedding malmost 30 yrs ago. it was held at the sacramento east congregation on kiefer blvd in sac. last time i saw mike was 22 yrs ago he was dfd at the time. did you ever meet a leigh ann and jim clark?if u did leigh ann is my mother . mike and lisa have a daughter and my sis hangs out with her a lot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit