With Whom Has God Been Patient

by comforter 32 Replies latest jw friends

• comforter
    comforter

God has been patient with evil in the world since the days of Adam and Eve. His day is not tarrying but is right on schedule. God, however, is presently showing patience and self-control, not only with the world of unbelievers but also with the congregation of his faithful Witnesses. They have many things to work on to try and get things right before the day of wrath. That is why Peter wrote to Christians in his day--

"Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with YOU because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

Jehovah's Witnesses know that God is being patient with them today and they are vigorously working on their shortcomings. The Witnesses also do not want any to be annihilated in the coming conflagration called Armageddon. They urge all mankind to read God's word daily and take in accurate knowledge of God and his Son. We love people.

Comforter

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Comforter,

The epistle of 2 Peter was written after the fall of Jerusalem in 70 A.D. Some scholars date it at the end of the first century or early in the second century. The YOU refers not only to modern Jws but to people of that time, who by the way, did not see Armageddon. So, God indeed has been patient and has not destroyed anyone yet, as Armageddon still has not come. He's a lot more patient that you and the W.T., who keep breathing threats upon mankind. Why can't you allow God to be God--and let Him run the show?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Comforter,your full of shit..LOL..The only people you love are the ones that support WBTS and all the corruption that go`s with it.Your just as happy to see the rest of the world dead,just as long as your evil god dosen`t kill your sorry ass...OUTLAW

• raven101
    raven101

Go on with your self-flagellation!

You really should take some medication for that histrionic hallucinatin' your doin' Comforter, it has nothing to do with reality.

Do you really feel that wicked and worthless?

I'm sorry for you

raven101

• Windchaser
    Windchaser

I wonder how many wpm Comforter types and if he got his hour in of field service this morning typing this.

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

This is an old favorite argument put forth by Witnesses to justify WHY God has not brought Armageddon sooner.

Well it is flawed and I will show you why.

Assumptions and facts

1. JW assumption/interperetation: God is patient and wants everyone to become JW's so he lets the system carry on.
    2. Fact: there are 6 million JW's
    3. Fact: there are 6 billion people on planet earth
    4. Fact: Ratio of JWs to overall poulation equals 1 in 1000. Or phrased another way for every 1000 people on the earth one is a JW.

Conclusions:

1. JW Organizational Growth: If the "system of things" carries on for any length of time then the Organization will grow (maybe although it appears to be slowing dramatically).
    2. World Population Growth: If the "system of thing" carries on for any length of time the world population will grow. This occurs by having more babies added to the planet through childbirth - this is a very important point.
    3. So bearing in mind that way the world population is increasing and if the end of the system is indeed close (lets say 5 years - I know its a guess) and the JW ranks manage to swell to 10 million and then Jehovah in his loving kindness brings Armageddon and destroys everyone who is not a baptised witness or the minor child of a baptised witness. AHHH...what about the ratio? If the JW ranks by that time have swollen to 10 million and the raio of JWs to other miscreants is 1 in 1000 that means an additional 4 billion plus children will be destroyed by God because he was patient and loving and did not desire for any to be destroyed.

See the hole in the teaching yet? Would a loving God remain patient to have 4 million JWs added to the ranks at the expense of 4 billion children? Judging by the way childrens rights are treated with regard to molestation cases I guess it is fair to say that at least JW thinking remains consistent.

PS - I understand the number for growth used in my argument were just numbers one could pick....but pick any number and the raitio of JWs to "OTHERS" remains fairly constant. The more JWs you get added to the organization...the more kids of the "OTHERS" Jehovah will have to destroy.

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

By the way you only have one way to escape the logic I just used....

What is it?

That Jehovah will not destroy non-witnesses at Armageddon.

My comeback is a rhetorical question:.....so why be one then?!!!!!

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey

comforter, check out this URL posted by someone a few days ago, and tell me how "vigorously" Jehovah's Witnesses are working on their "shortcomings."

http://watchtower.observer.org/apps/pbcs.dll/article?Site=WO&Date=20020123&Category=JWANDMEDICINE2&ArtNo=201220009&Ref=AR

Their whole attitude towards an obvious and provable contradiction is to "wait on Jehovah" (i.e. "do nothing").

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Comforter,

Jehovah's Witnesses know that God is being patient with them today and they are vigorously working on their shortcomings

The best way for Jehovah's Witnesses to work on their shortcomings is to have their leaders repent before God and men of their own shortcomings. Much has been published in the Watchtower about the honesty of the Bible, the frank admission of shortcomings of many of God's prophets and kings, yet the GB sees fit to cover over its own shortcomings.

They have gone so far as to blame God for their failure to be balanced and loving, such as with the Alternative Service issue and others. They are blind guides, blinded by their own supposed brightness, the brightness of their own darkness. It is as Jesus said: "If in reality the light that is in you is darkness, how great that darkness is!"

God will continue to allow their enemies to advance upon them because they have not repented and turned around from their sins. The patience of God is not without limit, and just as he tore the kingdom away from Solomon he can also take away the right of firstborn from the GB and give it to others.

IW

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

And the coveted BSmeter goes to Comforter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit