Male and Female Friends

by StinkyPantz 42 Replies latest social relationships

• yrs2long
    yrs2long

I am female. I think it's possible; however, I haven't been able to do it myself. Frankly, if I like the guy enough to be friends with him, I could very likely date him as well. It's easier to do when I am in a committed relationship, as I draw clear boundaries which are not to be crossed, but when I'm single, somehow through our closeness and mutual respect we grow on each other and the couple of times I had close male friends turned into two of my most intense non-sexual relationships.

I don't consider myself to be the jealous type and I would generally have no problem with my guy having female friends. However, if I for whatever reason felt threatened in some manner, he would need to trust my instincts and check their relationship or step back, so to speak.

One of the rules I've had with boyfriends past is that there can be no hanging out with friends with whom there has been a sexual relationship. It's just too easy to have a vulnerable moment and fall into old habits, especially where alcohol is involved.

• overit
    overit

I think it is easier for a woman to be friends with a man than vise versa. I also think it depends on the motive, whether they are emotionally involved and how much time they spent together. I certainly wouldnt like to be at home while the hubby was out to dinner and the pictures with another female. That is like a date! There is a difference between friendship and dating another. I dont believe in being nieve, or being taken for a ride.

• butalbee
    butalbee

It's very possible to be friends w/ the opposite sex and not have a sexual relationship with them. Any partener who doesn't like their mate being in a friendship w/ the opposite sex is jealous, insecure, or fearful of loosing the other person to someone else...

Most of my friends are male also, they're alot of fun, and very helpful going shopping with: they tell me the truth if something looks good on me or not!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit