Another Missing Link....

by VioletAnai 13 Replies latest jw friends

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

Another fossill to substantiate the evolution theory.....

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/World/story_34856.asp

Personnally I'm not a believer tho....

• Francois
    Francois

You don't believe in evolution? What do you believe in? How did we get here? Enquiring minds want to know.

Francois

• VioletAnai
    VioletAnai

I don't want this to happen...so I ain't gunna say a word.....

Simply posted for your benefit....

Edited by - Violetanai on 4 July 2002 21:38:22

• LB
    LB

I think horny aliens landed here and banged a bunch of monkeys.

• nancee park
    nancee park

EVOLUTION, WHY IT NEED NOT SHATTER ANY CHRISTIAN'S FAITH:

The best understandings of science and students of the Bible tend to merge with the allowance of time and honest examinations, and the Bible encourages Christians to be constantly growing stronger in knowledge and faith. True, for some persons whether God created the first humans fully separate from previous species, or if other species slowly or rapidly changed into humans, which is evolution, is a hot issue that potentially would shatter their own belief system when such holds inflexible views, but for other Christians that is not the case, for being more flexible and feeling firm in their belief system and faith in general, they feel that regardless of the speed or method that He used, God did create humans, and that even if indirect evolution is correct, then that too is just a part of the creative process, not something to shake their faith at all.

Today, probably the most powerful point made by those who favor evolution deals with what is called psuedocode or junk code. While it is true that the replication of DNA is remarkably accurate, errors do occur. In fact every human being has a number of mutations in their code although happily most of those have no consequences for the phenotype, that is we humans. However, as time passes and species change considerably, or for whatever reasons, a lot of junk accumulates in the DNA. In fact, most of the DNA in us is just such useless junk code called pseudocode, some of it being copies of code used elsewhere (reduplications) including code that scientists usually hold was used by some of our ancestors.

Now evolutionists feel that bits of this pseudocode made sense once when it was carried in our distant ancestors. Possibly some was used to make gills on a fish, to control the temperature in one of our reptile ancestors, or, more recently, provided the tails that some ape-like ancestors are believed to have had. Indeed, for example, even non-evolutionists agree that sometimes a human baby is born with a visible tail which is promptly removed via modern surgery. Too, sometimes a whale is caught which has the bone structuring of hind legs inside its fish-like body, legs like those of ancestors that had walked on dry land. Also, modern birds have genes for teeth, even though no modern bird has teeth. By transplanting tissue from the jaw area of bird embryos elsewhere, experiments have lead to birds born today which have teeth, which appears to show their ancestors also had teeth. And a final point by evolutionists is that we humans we share about 99.7 % of our DNA with chimps. And that 99.7% includes the pseudocode discussed above.

As said such points may cause some occasionally in some branches of the one overall Christian faith to feel so spiritually weak or shattered that they cannot believe in God or the Bible, but that is not true for most reasonable people or most Christians in general. Why? This is because as Christians can note to those who try to use the points above to shake us from our, belief in God, whether detractors of a simply a "source of creation," or call that source as we do the "Source Of Creation(s)" or even by the word "God" for short, in any case humans were indeed made!

Now that is a fact proved by pinching yourself, and logically and emotionally it is also a cause for rejoicing and praising that source, Source, or God Almighty. And whether slowly or rapidly, directly or indirectly, still God, the source or Source of life, did indeed create us. Whether we came by the short straight one mile road or by an intricate highway that weaved in various directions does not matter. The marvelous even miraculous truth is that we arrived. We are here. We exist. Again, pinch yourself and see it's so. So may your faith too be made all the firmer, regardless.

Please note that many of the points in the preceding were re-written to provide a Christian perspective after material favoring evolution was originally posted on the internet by Jan Haugland, a religious skeptic in Norway. Visit for more free, spiritually strengthening Bible information: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jahchristian

Edited by - nancee park on 4 July 2002 22:26:7

• gravedancer
    gravedancer

shatter the faith....

its hard to shatter something that fragmented!!!

• nancee park
    nancee park

Gravedigger, read what I just posted above your post. NOT shattered.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    Now that is a fact proved by pinching yourself,

LOL! With "proof" like that, who needs evidence? Maybe if I pinch myself hard enough, I'll start to believe in Santa Claus, too.

Expatbrit

• nancee park
    nancee park

Expat, you're trying to laugh it off. The fact you exist means some source of existence also exists.

Also if evolution is fact or theory, regardless, it need not destroy faith in that source, Source or God.

Does your funny bone allow you to understand this?

• avengers
    avengers

"Maybe if I pinch myself hard enough, I'll start to believe in Santa Claus, too"

Oh my God, you don't beleive in Santa? I thought everybody did.

Shoot. Another dream shattered. Does anyone have anymore New Light?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit