What Would I Have Done?

by Frenchy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

This makes me think of the book "Stranger in a Strange Land" by Robert Heinlein. It was heavily edited when it was first released. I think something like 130 pages were cut out of it because it was considered "Blasphemous". The reason why is it put forth the idea of a coming of Christ at a future date and the reaction of the world to it. Yes, it took alot of liberties, but the thrust of the book, especially in its uncensored form is thought provoking. Of cours, Michael, the main character, is eventually put to death, just as Christ was.

I would like to think that I am enough of an open minded person that if Jesus came to earth today, I would at least consider what he had to say and not dismiss him or his message out of hand.

Just a thought...

Coon

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Thank you all for your replies and your kind words. They are truly appreciated.

Hey, it's great to see you again, Red! (smooch)

Coon, I LOVE Robert Heinlein. Read him as a kid.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    I am very curious to know what specifically the people making this indictment see as contradictory in Pauls message.

First and foremost to me, Zechariah, Paul's words are used to shun people for almost anything a religion disagrees with. Jesus, however, sat and ate with the very people that Paul supposedly says to avoid.

Jesus taught love of neighbor. Paul's words are used to encourage hate of anyone not belonging to your group.

Those two alone are enough indictment for me.

Lew W

• blondie
    blondie

I've missed your posts, Frenchy. This one is excellent as usual. I keep wondering what I would I have done then because I am wondering who the Pharisees are today, and the elders seem to fit the bill. Now what will I do?

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Good post and good thread. I enjoyed it, especially after having come back from hearing the Circuit Overhypocrite drone on about orgaizational garbage. A real pick me up...

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Thank you very much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit