London Times On America, Both Viewpoints:

by Englishman 12 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

Proplog

Don't confuse Dakota red with the facts.

He still does the pledge of allegiance every morning.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    I therefore wholeheartedly apologise for my previous held opinion, which is now being adjusted to represent a clearer picture on my part, sorry for any offense howsoever caused.

That's fine, Mark. Will you be passing this on to Lisa and TR?

Cheers, Ozzie

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    The US has been too willing to do business with ruling elites who fail to share the money with their fellow countrymen. The US trains the police and secret service in other countries so they can effectively beat down their population and keep them from revolting or joining labor unions.

Reading too many spy novels again?

Purchasing raw materials does very little for a country's economy UNLESS the money is invested in building local infrastructure and developing local business. Marcos, Batista, Shah of Iran, Saud family of Saudi Arabia, Somosa and others were wicked men who spent the money they got from the United States on their little cliques and gave only token help to their poor masses. The United States doesn't listen to anyone without nuclear weapons.

What say the US just stop purchasing all the goods these smaller countries have to offer then? Why is the US to blame for what other countries do? It seems to me that we are damned if we do and damned if we don't to all you jealous furners!

Yes, the US has unprecedented wealth rarely seen in history. Not just for the elite, as you put it, but for any who are willing to work and better themselves. My roots are seated in poor southern white trash myself. But, today, I have been employed at the same company for over 12 years, drive a late model truck, paid for, buying a house, eat well and I only make about 40K a year. I have worked my a** off to get where I am and depended on no one to carry me. I earned what I have, in other words.

Don't blame the US for what foreign workers get, blame their own countries. If we address your governments for human rights violations or substandard conditions, we are meddling in your affairs. You all don't want the US involved in your markets and governments, yet you complain that we force you to live substandard? That is no ones fault but your own. You want more, try working for it! The US did.

You say that buying products does little good unless it stays in that country? Why are imported cars selling so well here and that money goes where? It doesn't stay here.

You are not being denied any opportunity to purchase goods from anywhere and produce them into whatever you wish and sell them anywhere you wish. The US does not block you from designing and building anything. But, be sure to sell it only to your own countrymen and not to the US. We wouldn't want you be treated substandardly, now would we?

You are expressing a typical narrow American attitude. You need to do a little investigation.

And you are expressing the typical anti-American bigoted rhetoric without gaining any facts yourself. I lived outside the US for a little over 5 years and have seen other nations. I have traveled Europe and although I appreciate what I saw, I must say that blaming the US for all your ills is just a cop out. But, it is easier than working and looking at yourself, isn't it?

Newboy, facts are rarely confusing, unless you invent them as you go and try to pretend someone else is always at fault. But, bear in mind, when you are engaging in your US bashing, you are merely bashing yourselves. Our ancestry dates back to your countries. Our ancestors brought your ideals and methods here with them. We took your outcasts and together, built what is today the US. Don't whine because your own outcasts beat you at your own game!

Lew W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit