2015 convention interviewer praises parents who shunned their kid

by defender of truth 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Poztate
    Poztate

Looks like it is scripted from mother and they just find a couple of faces to put up on the stage.

It is a script and has been for years. Is it based on a real experience ? ....maybe but I doubt it.

I did one at a District Convention in the late 70's where the "script" was handed to us to rehearse

It had NOTHING to do with me and I was a little disturbed giving it but I was a true believer at the time and would have done anything for the WT

• misguided
    misguided

As a 12-year-old or something close to that (I can't remember exactly), I had a "story" to tell about my witnessing at school and how I got a "study" at a circuit assembly. There were 2 other "youth" telling their "stories" too.

One of the things that always has stuck in my mind was being "suggested" (told) to alter my story to better fit what the agenda was of the program was. I can't remember exactly what that was, but I obeyed and went with their suggestion even though I thought it was somehow deceptive, even as a kid.

On a side note, about 37 years later, that "study" and I are still friends, unlike those who were my "friends" in the ORG. She never became a JW. Had a meal with her a few weeks ago.

Edited to add...**clap***clap***clap!!!! was the response to my altered "story."

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

The narcissist Jehovah demands! EXCLUSIVE DEVOTION nothing less will do. So making a person come back to him because they miss family and friends is insulting to your Highness Jehovah this is still just one way of putting family and friend ahead of Jehovah in ones devotion and you loose point in Jehovah record book of good works for such blatant selfishness when it comes to putting Jehovah first on one's list of priorities.

So actually the Governing Body are unwittingly causing Jehovah's feeling to be hurt(betcha AM#3 never noticed) by cause people to return to corporate Jehovah for the wrong reasons of missing family and friends.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower

Those parents need to seriously get some psychotherapy that damage the WT corporation does to families with their demanding exclusive devotion from the rank and file JW is unmeasurable.

This Corporation with it's LIsten Obey and Be Blessed matra sung repeatedly and shamelessly at indoctrination meetings seems to be a sort of theme song for Lemming matching off a cliff. Listen & Obey shun your own flesh and blood at our command.

Actually the Governing Body composing some mythical Faithful & Discreet Slave it totally beyond their character description, they more fit Wicked Witch archetype muttering Listen & Obey:

• user100
    user100

haha.. i think you guys are mistaken.. i bet Robert and Brenda Sutton are secret apostates sabotaging the convention..

seriously.. these people were secretly lobotomized by the GB and its backfiring sometimes.

Edit: my post was censored because i swore. how lame.. i think im going to just stick to reddit.com/r/exjw from now on.

• pixel
    pixel

I call this Blackmail.

Blackmail is an act, often a crime, involving unjustified threats (not talking, shunning) to make a gain (come back to mother) or cause loss to another unless a demand is met (come back to mother).

• Poztate
    Poztate

My Wife just got back from her RC and told me this part was a video feed. I asked her if it was the Sutton's from Bethel that did this part but she claimed to not remember.

I can see them trying to have local imput when they can but if not just feed in the video that backs them up the best. ie... The Suttons from NY Bethel

• SoJo16
    SoJo16
    I did that witnessing at school bit to for the circuit assembly when I was 12.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ BrokebackWT...

"I'll get you, my pretty, and your little Sparlock, too!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit