2015 convention interviewer praises parents who shunned their kid

by defender of truth 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• defender of truth
    defender of truth
    “What was it that moved your child to return to Jehovah?” asks the speaker.

“Well it was the missed association with the family,” says Brenda Sutton proudly and unflinchingly.

Andd here’s why, I had always told our kids… ‘I would die for you, I love you, would die for you, but if you ever leave Jehovah I wouldn’t be there’. And they knew that we wouldn’t waver on this. But sad to say, and as hard as it was, we had to cut off all association.”

www.jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/2015-convention-interviewer-praises-parents-who-shunned-their-kid
  • smiddy
    smiddy

Well , that is an honest admission from Brenda Sutton , that her child did not return to Jehovah because he/she loved Jehovah , or Jehovah`s Witnesses ,or the Bible , he/she only returned to the religion to normalize family relationships.

How dumb are the G.B. to use this as a demonstration at a K.H. let alone an Assembly -Convention ?

Do these people even realize what they are saying ? The child was held to ransom by it`s parents.

That is nothing short of child abuse , shame on these parents.

On the positive side , do you think this child , or many like him/her who have undergone a similar experience would ever be an asset to the religion ? or sometime down the track a liability .?

just saying.

smiddy

• OzGirl
    OzGirl
    "How dumb are the G.B. to use this as a demonstration at a K.H. let alone an Assembly -Convention ?
    Do these people even realize what they are saying ? The child was held to ransom by it`s parents." - Smiddy

I don't think that I could have worded that any better, Smiddy.

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute
    Just heard the EXACT SAME experience this weekend. Just different names. Even the wording was the same. Likely just another lie.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    @OFS......i was wondering the same thing.......do they search for people with the exact same circumstances, and lives....or is it all fake, and lies?
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    The kid missed mommy , and daddy.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    Did all the hostages in waco texas , have to cut off all association too?... Hell yes! ! ! If that doesnt spell "CULT" then what does?
  • clarity
    clarity

Disgusting parental betrayal message!

There should not be anything that would cause mommy& daddy to throw away their child. Imagine those kids getting that message as 4 or 5 year olds.

They rigidly stuck to their scripts ....mommy tripped-up by saying "I always told them........."...to.... "I told them" In order to put this extreme pressure on the young people ........they schemed to make this crap up too! LIARS!

• Doltologist
    Doltologist

Don't ya just love jovies?

• hoser
    hoser

Just heard the EXACT SAME experience this weekend. Just different names. Even the wording was the same. Likely just another lie

Looks like it is scripted from mother and they just find a couple of faces to put up on the stage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit