Yea, Me too....

by flower 30 Replies latest jw friends

• QUANTUM
    QUANTUM

getting out of a mind controlling org. doesn't release one from the damage that HAS been done. I have noticed an abundance of hate and the same kind of narrowmindedness which the JW's taught you in the first place. Many exJW's think they have got their lives under control now or are no worse off then the rest of humanity. That's where they are dead wrong. And they won't truly be free until they recognize that. Their inter being has been scared and those scars just don't go away.....seek professional help!

QUANTUM

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

more then 20 replies in 3 hours. Exactly what kind of support haven't you been getting

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Wholewheat, simply because one is no longer a jehovahs witness does not necessarily mean he will abandon God altogether and therefore has no hope. It some cases it simply means that one is no longer a jehovahs witness.

You are advising Flower to go to the elders for help with her doubts. Are you kidding? Well, she can save herself the trip because I'll tell you exactly what they are going to say. Pray, more field service, start attending meetings again, jehovah will take care of everything, yadda, yadda....

It is your contention that apostates hit "big and hard" and that we are subjecting ourselves to brainwashing by only dwelling on the negative. Everyone knows that there is good in all religions, including the witnesses. However, its the falsehood, the misapplied bible scriptures, in short the things that prove it is not the true religion that make it fodder for investigation and the ensuing "big and hard" hit. If we talked all day long about the positive aspects of the witnesses, it would npt negate the underlying evil in the organization.

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

flower, i wish you peace and happiness in whatever you decide. sending love to you and your son

hugs and kisses

love harmony

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Flower,

I totally agree with jim rizoli, read the positive comments and those that are offensive to you for whatever reason, or because they are rude and vulgar, skip them at your first chance.

Focus on the positive and liberating feeling that you can have by seeing the oppresive WTS for what is really is. The comments that you find uplifting and empowering to YOU...print them out on your printer. Read them over if helps you.

I, myself have decided to leave the unscriptural rules of the WTS but that doesn't mean that I have stopped believing in GOD. I love the Bible and find great strenght by reading it--WITHOUT THE "help" of the magazines, etc.

I try to make allowances for people and try not to judge them. On the other hand if they say things that are offensive to me or that I disagree with I go on to speak with someone who can be good for ME.

Be true to yourself and keep the good friends that you have found here.

Love, YoursChelbie

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks for all the positive and kind words you've brought to the forum flower and apologies for any of the crap. We will miss you if you go.

• larc
    larc

For the many of you who care for Flower, send her an email of encouragemt. I know it will make her feel better.

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

(((((Flower))))) I'll miss you...Take care,and stay in touch.

Always,

Cowboy

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey Flower,so the board is wearing you out eh?..LOL..Girl, I remember when you first came here.You were a sweetheart then,your a sweetheart now.Flower,this board can wear on a soul.Sometimes it`s good to take a break,I do it all the time .Even if it`s just for a week or two,or a day or two.Take a break and come back,we`ll all be waiting for you..Your bud...OUTLAW

Edited by - OUTLAW on 4 July 2002 2:43:3

• flower
    flower

Thanks everyone, I know I should be able to ignore certain scum here but unfortunately I cant anymore. This place is starting to feel like the house I grew up in because of certain troll(s). I was a crumpled emotional and physical mess when I left my parents house and the emotional, psychological and mental abuse of my sister and father who for whatever reason decided they hated me when I was very young and werent kidding. Then a couple years later I was forced to return with my son after having been df'd and the situation was unbearable. So I left again and struggle with where the rent and insurance and food money is going to come from and I cant afford to buy my kid a bike to replace the one my family gave him but refused to let him take with us but its ok because I am FREE from that kind of abuse and trying to heal from it and I'd rather live in a cardboard box than deal with that anymore. But now for whatever reason someone here has decided that they dont like me (among others) and are intent on emotionally and psychologically hurting me every so often. Of course I've chosen a long time ago to just ignore this person and never address them again in order to keep from being in conversations with them but that can only work so long when they jump in my conversations with other people. Its not about my not being liked. I can deal with the fact that not everyone will like and get along with everyone. Thats cool...makes the world go round. But I'm talking about people like my sister who are dead set on inflicting pain of any kind on someone. Mostly they like it to be non-physical pain because thats the worst kind and that is ignored or unseen by society. I started to get some real negative feelings yesterday not just because of this but other traumatic things in my life as well. but after a good long cry last night I feel a lot better. I wont deal with being abused like this ever again and I'll teach my kid to recognize and distance himself from it. Right now I'm not totally healed from my past life and so the only thing I can do is leave. But one day I will learn how to destroy people like this and go on with my life happy and healthy. And one day after I go back to school and get my degree I will help kids and adults alike to recognize when they are victims of particularly non-physical abuse and how to stomp the bastards in the throat. (metaphorically of course) So actually, I have to correct one thing from my last post. Sorry, troll(s) but you LOSE. I'm still leaving but I'll end up a much better and stronger person for your abuse and the world will end up a better place. So thanks. :P HS-I did Joy-Ok I'll talk to you soon Larc-Email sent Obiwan-U didnt do anything Amazing-Thanks thats very kind. Dede-I'll mail you soon Lilacs-I wish I could do that hon. I tried and failed. Sentinel-The power of the dark side is strong..but the force of good is stronger. :-) I've done all the research, I know what the org is. Thanks for caring. JJrizo-Yea, I know. I've ignored it for a long time. You are right about some people really needing help though. Its usually the ones who refuse it who need it most. Dutchie-Dont be sad, I'll be fine. I do feel sorry for them in a way. I'll email you. Bitter mango-Thanks Farkel-Yea youre right. But the minority can still do damage. Thanks. Newboy-Yea? ;) OFC-Thanks Lee-I did and there was nothing there. I did send you my new email addy right? Myself-Thanks..I appreciate what you said. Quantum-Yea thats true..there are some ex's who desperately need to get themselves some help. Plmkrzy-You misunderstood. I have gotten support, I didnt say anywhere in my post that I havent been. Harmony-Thanks. Hope to meet up with you at an apostofest sometime. Chelbie-Thanks I appreciate it. I dont believe in God though...or that the bible is an inspired book. I try to be true to myself and thats why I have to go. Simon-Cant say enough thanks to you. Your amazing and wonderful. Apology not necessary. Cowboy-(((hugs))) Thanks and I'll be talkin to you. Outlaw-Thanks. Yea, I've taken short breaks for a week or two too but it just doesnt work sometimes. Wholewheat-Thank You! With a few short sentences you snapped me back to reality and reminded me of why I know its not the 'truth'. You may have meant well but just it kinda back fired cause 1. I never had any hope or friends in the org and 2. I've never felt as empty as I did when I was in the org. Thanks for opening my eyes again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit