American Idol, Who's watching?

by TheStar 22 Replies latest social entertainment

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Kelly is pretty much a shoe-in to win, now. I'm glad, because Tamyra won't need a win on this show to catapult her into a career. Now that America has seen her, she'll go far. I don't believe she is allowed to sign with anyone until the show is over, but there will be a bidding war among agents and record labels.

BTW, I didn't think her performance this week was sub-par. Patti Labelle's song, New Attitude was probably a bad choice, but she was spectacular with the Stephanie Mills song, Feel The Fire.

Nikki kicked ass last week. She picked two really good songs for her voice.

Kelly blew me away with that Celine Dione song (I'd never heard it before)

Justin is disappointing me the last few weeks. Actually, just about every week after his initial try-out. He's starting to sound like a lounge singer. After one decent album, I think he'll end up performing at Bar Mitzvah's.

Hmmm Cowell

• Ephanyminitas
    Ephanyminitas

Did y'all hear about the power dialers that were skewing the results?

"A NEW KIND OF TALENT. We were all aware that half of the television-viewing audience of the United States is obsessed with American Idol, but apparently there's a difference between being obsessed and being out of control. Producers for the show have acknowledged that the talent competition is being bombarded by 'power dialers,' who are able to cast as many as 10,000 votes a night from a single phone line, reports TV Guide Online. However, executives swear that the calls have a 'statistically insignificant' impact on the results."

Let's hope that they're right about the "insignificity" of those calls.

Not that I watched the show or anything. I only watched the first couple of episodes. I just couldn't watch those poor kids doing that to themselves.

E

Edited by - ephanyminitas on 19 September 2002 20:53:49

• TTBoy
    TTBoy

Don't know - don't care. So we need more"idols" for people to worship.

I'm sure I'll catch hell for this post but I just want to state my opinions. I'm probobly better looking and more talented and more educated than most of the male participants. I don't go on a TV show to try to prove it. The only thing these people are after is money and fame. I have the best of both worlds.......I have money and no fame.

I don't even watch network TV, especially the local news, because it makes me sick to my stomache.

Teen Idol, Who Wants To be a Millionare, Survivor, Weakest Link, I won't even dignify Springer, Road Rules ( I actually liked that one) and MTVs Real World.

All of these programs are geared to thinking you may have some chance to get rich and famous, that you are special, and that if you play the LOTTO you WILL WIN. You're only "rich and special" to your loved ones and friends.

10% of the United States of America payes 90% of the taxes!!!!! Why do I say this? It shows that wealthy people have to carry the burdon for most of America. Think about it....imagine what the tax revenue for the government is for the NFL, MLBA, NBA and other major sports players.................not to mention the owners of Frotune 500 companies! Think of the millions of dollars they are being taxed on! NO! I'm not saying people who don't have money are to be considered any less important than those who are financially stable. What I'm saying is that I get pissed when someone who knows nothing about me says I'm an A-Hole because he doesn't like the car I'm driving. (I'm not claiming exact statistics, but they're damn close) The only things programs like this do is give a false sense of over-inflated self-esteem and a small glimmer of hope of being that one-in-a-million person who will make news headlines and be financially independent. Do something more productive to society. Donate to a non-profit oranization, volunteer, get an education, help friends who are in need! BE A FRIEND! Get involved in things like this site and SL. Show love to your family and neighbors.

You can rip me apart but I am an extremely caring and supportive person. This reply has nothing to do with any of the post participants but is a statement in general. Do I donate to chartible organizations, YES! ask B.B.

Sorry to rant...I think my points are valid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit