American Idol, Who's watching?

by TheStar 22 Replies latest social entertainment

• TheStar
    TheStar

Am I the only shmuck on this board watching this every week? Please say I'm not.

• WildTurkey
    WildTurkey

Sorry Star, I dont like that show.

• FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL

Fear not, TheStar...consider me a fellow schmuck.

What is it about this show that is so darned addictive? Have you voted for any of the contestants yet? I actually called and voted three times last night. I'm so ashamed of myself. LOL!

Brian

• TheStar
    TheStar

Wild Turkey,

I figured many would not like such a show. Thanks for being nice about it.

Friendly,

Whew! Thank goodness I'm not the only shmuck...

This particular show interests me because as a child an as a teen it was my dream to be an "American Idol". I've long since given up on that dream but I guess a part of me still wishes and I can't help but live vicariously through these kids on the show. (That sounds pathetic but it's true)

I voted last night and tried again today but got a busy signal. I only voted because I found out one of the contestants is from my city. For confidential reasons, I can not say who or what city, sorry.

I'll be very surprised if Justin doesn't become the American Idol winner. I kinda wish someone else would win because Justin has Super Star written all over him and I know any record label would sign him up after this. I'd kinda like someone else to get the opportunity.

Edited by - TheStar on 3 July 2002 17:37:38

• FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL

I feel the same way about Justin. It does appear that he's got a great career ahead of him and is bound to be a success with the show or without it. Unfortunately, I missed the first five or six minutes of the show last night so I didn't get to see all the drama regarding the disqualified contestant. Ah, well...the ladies at the office filled me in today.

I completely understand about you not wanting to reveal who you voted for. I'm tempted to keep my decision to myself...not because it would reveal my location, but because I'm so embarassed about who I chose:

There was just something about his performance that caught my attention and I had to vote for him. He wasn't the best of the singers last night, but I liked his performance anyway. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for him.

Brian

• TheStar
    TheStar

Friendly,

I agree, something about Mark Scott struck me last night as well. He has a great voice, I didn't remember him from previous shows. You're right, there is something about him but that's not who I voted for. hehe... I do feel he might be one of the three that moves on tonight.

My guess for tonight is Kristin Holt, RJ Helton and Mark Scott..... We shall see...

Last weeks show was so tough, they were all so talented but I guessed correctly.

Edited by - TheStar on 3 July 2002 20:4:10

• Southland
    Southland

I voted for Jim V and AJ - the two "losers" Simon spent so much time villifying. It was somewhat gratifying that they advanced. I think they were very sincere, even though they did not put on their best performance.

WEEK 1

Whoo - solid performance by Tamyra. Loved the frim fram sauce song by Ryan. Adriel surely got the girl vote.

WEEK 2

Alexis was good. Liked Angela too. Gil had a great voice. Alex and Kelli were awful. Jazmin sang from her heart. Justin - well he does seem a little full of himself, but you can't deny he has a great voice.

WEEK 3

I was blown away by EJay - the one who filled in for the disqualified guy last night. I couldn't believe the range on the way he sang that one word "SAID". I did like Christina a lot as well. Nikki was pretty cool too. Sorry Al, I didn't care so much for Mark. What was up with that thing around his neck and those white gloves? I think it was homage to Michael Jackson who he imitated in the earlier qualifying rounds.

Okay, I've totally embarassed myself.

http://www.idolonfox.com

• TheStar
    TheStar

Southland,

Don't be embarrased, thanks for sharing and joining in and most importantly not leaving me alone to be embarrased all by myself! LOL!

I was blown away by EJ yesterday as well but never thought he'd make it through because this competition is also about looks and the whole American Idol package.

Well dang, I was wrong about all of my predictions! The best singers won definately but I am a bit surprised they were voted for.

I don't care for Nikki's individuality and I obsolutely hate Christina's vibrato.

Any guesses as to who the wild card will be?

• TheStar
    TheStar

Ok thanks for leaving me all alone in this thread you two.

I'm glad RJ was the wild card, he deserved it.

• FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL
    Ok thanks for leaving me all alone in this thread you two.

Star,

I'm soooo sorry. I didn't mean to desert you, honest...this thread just sorta slipped away from me.

I was sad to see that Mark didn't win last week, but I figured that was how it would go since he was the one I was rooting for. I always have bad luck when it comes to picking the winner in these things.

I was also glad to see that RJ was back. After Simon's behavior during his critique he definitely deserved another shot.

Unfortunately, I missed it last night as I had to watch Big Brother. There's a guy from my home town and I just had to see how he did last night.

Brian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit