It was NOT supposed to end like this.......

by singsongboi 11 Replies latest jw friends

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

(((((singsongboi)))))

Rocky lost his dad to cancer last fall and it has been particularly hard for him to deal with this loss. He has never known anything but WT teachings. The disillusionment about promises of a paradise earth....not strong enough to outweigh the reality of mortality. He is a third generation JW, of course, now unofficial xJW (fade away). I suppose those who are still in don't face the reality until the death and dying is very, very close to them. Here where we live most of the elders do not attend memorial services/funerals for their own congregation members. Finding an elder to give a memorial talk is almost impossible. And then having the comfort from the congregation - well, they just don't seem to give a rip. My MIL has been a loyal JW for 50+ years, sacrificed so much for the organization. Yet when her husband passed away very few from the local congregation came to the memorial service...the service in the KH was well attended by mostly non JW relatives, close neighbors. Only a couple of JW families came out to the house afterward - and she's been in this area all this time, former pioneer, well known. I think it's because they can't face the reality of the false hope, broken promises, and the 'it wasn't supposed to end like this.'

I'm great at telling this story - I can commiserate with you but unfortunately cannot make the pain and confusion go away. Wish I could....

Warmest regards and sympathy - Mrs Rocky

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

thanx for your warm hug, mrs rocky!!

and one in return (((((((for you guyz))))))..

I find it kinda sad to hear of the way the brothers are feeling in your area.... but i guess that every death, every funeral, is a silent witness to those faded hopes. Who wants to be reminded that you may have lived your life in vain -- kinda sad, isn't it...

and even though they may put a brave face to it, i can't help feeling that even for some on the GB, there may be feelings like that.

Recently in aust. a man died - a returned soldier from WW1.. as a 16 yo kid (he put his age up to enlist) he was among the aust. soldiers who invaded turkey at what has become known as Gallipoli ( hey!! says something about australia, i think, we must be one of the few nations who celebrate a defeat.).

So he was part of the generation, we once thought would NOT pass away before all things were fulfilled.

NOW HE IS DEAD, AND HIS GENERATION NEAR GONE COMPLETELY...

jws can only survive by "adjusting" truths in the face of reality.

Hey! does anyone remember "the let god be true" book, once used to study with new ones. (God, anyone who survived a study with that book, deserved to get life in the nedw order.. It was dam hard going..!!

and there was a chapter in there on 1914, the gentile times and 3 1/2 x 2 = 7 (Really!!!). WOW!!! that was an effort and half, to get your study though that and still with you !!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit