slingblade

by musky 22 Replies latest social entertainment

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I love Billy Bob, and that kid actor , I should remember his name, he is also so good in everything he does.

I really thought this was a sad movie, very touching. I cried over several parts of it. Is there a book of this movie? I love to read the books after I see a movie to get more details. Since Billy Bob wrote and directed it, I bet there is not a book. I will check it out when I go to the book store.

This movie just broke my heart really, the little boy reminds me of my little boy, my son is a sensitive, country talking sweetheart. In the movie the little boy says that he is tired,and that a kid should not be so tired of things. This reminded me of alot of things my son has said to me, when he was so afraid . My son went thru alot of pain and suffering to survive when he was born and he still worries too much for a kid his age.

I guess that is why some movies may effect others in different ways. If you can see someone you love, reflected in a character, it touches your heart.

• musky
    musky

hey mac, why not change your name to cleuelessmac. I called it as i saw it. Billy bob did not do anything any other actor could have done. This movie was way too long and drawn out.

• Mac
    Mac

Mushy,

I will not change my name to that do to the regrettable spelling! However I will change it to Clueless Mac. Now go forth and speak of Billy Bob no more!

• Doc_jedd
    Doc_jedd

Billy Bob was a bit better in Monsters Ball but, not much...................Jedd

• musky
    musky

Mac , I pride myself in spelling correctly.

I hang my head in shame. musky

• musky
    musky

I will admit I have not seen any other movies with billy bob.

• Doc_jedd
    Doc_jedd

Yep, gimmie some "o" those french fried potaters mmm hmmm............(Jed in his best Billy Bob voice)

• Mac
    Mac

Jed,

I don't know if you watched Monsters Ball on the big screen, VCR or DVD. However, if it was on DVD you have to watch the special features where he does one of his scenes as Carl(Slingblade). It had me struggling very hard not to herniate myself!!!

Great film!

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I reckon that is a good impression of Billy Bob errrrrurrrrrrrrr Carl. Do you want some mustard with those french fried potators?

• Mac
    Mac

Musky,

If I were you I would point out the way I spelled "due" in my post above and beat me repeatedly over the head with it untill I said "I,m sorry." I no longer pride myself on my spelling due to the fact that I can no longer spell! (and it gets worse every year)

I will not edit that post, I shall bask in my shame.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit