Two file sex abuse suit against Jehovah's Witnesse

by TexSham 27 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• wannahelp
    wannahelp

The story made it into my local small town (CT USA) paper today:

• Gopher
    Gopher

Joanna,

Did somebody really say that since Derek Lindala didn't have "authority", that he didn't abuse "power"? I'm sure (if he's proven guilty) he used "power" to set up the molestation of these 2 girls. That is an abuse of physical power, eh? Anytime someone doesn't or can't consent to the sexual activity, that is an abuse of power by definition.

What is a polymath?

• meyer
    meyer

Hey everyone.

This is Heidi Meyer and I wanted to thank all of you for your support and interest in my story! I am glad that it got the coverage it did. I especially wanted to say thanks to Gopher - who apparently knows a lot about the witnesses, even knowing that the Lindala's are an extremely well-known family in MN. WHO ARE YOU?? Have I met you? Let me know. Or do you wish to remain anonymous? I respect that, as well.

In any case, thanks for everyone's good words - they give me so much strength to tackle this.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Heidi,

I e-mailed you. My name is open for inspection (just click on my profile). I was with the JW's from birth till age 39 (two years ago), and have lived on both the Minneapolis and St. Paul sides of town.

I haven't met you, but after this trial/ordeal is all over, maybe you'd like to meet our really neat group of ex-JWs and their mates/friends who get together periodically at apostofests. We just had one last week and will have another one at the end of September. So if you'd like to meet us (for some "bad" association but real nice people), you can.

Best wishes to you as the trial goes on. I applaud your public stance against the organization and the man who hurt you. You (along with Bill and Mr. Anderson) laid things out very clearly in the news conference. Once the facts are established in court, I cannot foresee anything but a very favorable outcome for you as the plaintiff.

• blondie
    blondie
    He said this case was also different because he wasn't in a position of authority at the time, and that it wasn't an abuse of power.

Joanna, I think your father probably realizes that any baptized brother in good standing (and some not in good standing) is perceived in the congregation as having more power or authority than a baptized sister of any age, let alone a unbaptized young woman.

This young girl would have seen him giving prayers at the book study, reading at the book study, organizing car groups, being used in demonstrations, giving #2 and #4 talks in the Theocratic Ministry School, handling microphones and sound/stage duties, perhaps acting as backup for the servants assigned to magazines, literature, and territories.

• AngryXJW
    AngryXJW

For those who had a life today.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I totally agree Blondie...I didn't quite understand where he was coming from on that. Anyone who has ever been abused, assulted, whatever, knows the person who did was exercising some sort of power over them, regardless of if it physical, emotional, mental, financial, whatever...

Goph- Polymath--someone who knows a lot of little things in all sorts of different subject fields. For example, someone who actually knows what polymath means, is probably one. HAHAHA! No the only reason I know it is because I had professor tell me "you're quite the little polymath" and I said "what? I hate math" To which he laughed, and I said "no really, what the hell is that"...he still gave me an A in the class, but probably re-thunk it several times--hee hee! I gots me an edumacation!

Heidi- Really great to see you post here! If you need any kind of moral support I am sure you will find lots of people here willing to give it, I would be one of them!

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Ok so now I am pissed...those who said it shall remain nameless, but suffice to say I ran into some JW's I used to know back when I was one, who basically heard it from so and so who knows an elder that was on the JC that said these girls are just making it all up. It was apparantly all the talk at the convention, and these girls are just out for attention because why else would they have a press conference. I nearly blew a gasket. But of course, I guess it was to be expected--JW's will protect their own at all costs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit