Does the GB also do Fieldservice?

by 1tMakesNoSence 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 1tMakesNoSence
    1tMakesNoSence
    The WT study of May stated that no one is exempt from doing fieldservice.
    Does that mean the GB also does Fieldservice?
    And dont give me any if that "no they only give us insrtuction bullshit" because that would mean not everything applies to everyone, and thats Never the case in the Jw organisation!
  • Designer Stubble
    Designer Stubble
    I am sure they make their token H2H hours...but most time will be counting time for their talks, not H2H.
  • oppostate
    oppostate
    Well, in the case of Sam Herd they went to the point of photo-shopping him into a picture with another witness in service and featuring it on a magazine article, so I'm sure appearances are very much important to them. Pharisees!
  • fulano
    fulano

Yes they do. I was in a congregation with 4 of them. Karl Klein was to old in infirmery, but the others as John Barr when out yes.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Hmph.

Who'dve thought.

• dozy
    dozy

Jack Barr used to go out occasionally when he came back to the UK on vacation - I worked with him once - he was a nice guy. I guess the GB are like most elders - some might do a bit of ministry , most do as little as they can get away with. They are exempt from any counsel as nobody is going to brave enough to pull them up on their lack of ministry.

A brother in my congregation had a nice holiday home that he gave free lodging to for Bethelites. We had a lot of heavies who came for a week or two at a time , including most of the UK branch committee. Very , very rarely did any of these guys go out on the ministry , even for a token hour after a Sunday meeting. My wife often asked their wives to go on a study with her but almost always they would refuse. I was public talk co-ordinator and I struggled even getting them to give a talk - it was as if they couldn't be bothered as they were on holiday.

Judge Rutherford reputedly never went out on the ministry , citing "security" reasons. Knorr didn't seem to keen either. Ray Franz wrote that some of the GB did either very little field service or none - specifically naming Milton Henschel. This seems to be confirmed when Henschel went on a "zone visit" to Malta , insisted on staying in 5 star hotels with his wife such as the Hilton & spent his time doing sightseeing or sunbathing rather than going on the ministry with the local brothers. This stumbled a British MTS graduate so much that he "left the truth".

http://www.freeminds.org/history/bonanno.htm

• Magnum
    Magnum
    I think dozy has it right. I think they are like a lot of elders. They have to find a way to count some time, but the ministry is not at the top of their list of things to do.
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    This question gets asked a lot on this board, and yes they all go out in field service. Mostly Saturday morning service so who knows how many hours actually do door to door.
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Apparently they don't go out enough to get an actual photo of them doing so, otherwise they would not have photo-shopped Sam Herd going in service.

There is also a photo of Sanderson "in service", or rather standing on a set of steps with a service bag. Did he just go outside for a quick photo op?? I guess we will never know.

DD

• kairos
    kairos

Here's how we know they go:

Good thing there was a camera set up inside the house to capture this "historic moment"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit