Test: Where do you stand politically?

by JanH 41 Replies latest jw friends

• JanH
    JanH

Sometimes political orientation is described through a left-right axis only, which is obviously inadequate as it tends to associate Gandhi and Stalin, and make Pol Pot a radical and Hitler a conservative.

This is a good, short test that asks you a number of questions and places you on a two-dimensional axis.

Take it here: http://www.digitalronin.f2s.com/politicalcompass/

I took the test and got the following result:

Your political compass:

Economic Left/Right: -1.12
    Authoritarian/Libertarian: -6.21

That is, centrist with a slight leftist bent, strongly libertarian.

- Jan

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -2.25
    Authoritarian/Libertarian: -5.54

Authoritarian
    Left

Right
    Libertarian

Good questions on that test. ashi

• SpiceItUp
    SpiceItUp

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -4.62
    Authoritarian/Libertarian: -4.05

Authoritarian
    Left

Right
    Libertarian

It looks like I'm pretty close Ghandi (hmmmm)

Spice

• LDH
    LDH

It's no wonder I'm in company with the Ralph Naders and Norm Chomskys of the world. And Gandhi was one of my idols.

After the raping of the American people by Enron, MCI and who's this new one, I feel justified in my non-trust of ANY corporation, not just American corporations.

Lisa

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

I'm by no way a hard right sympathizer but some of these questions are scewed to the left. You may as well ask: You are offered $200 to shoot up a school. Is the life of the children more important or is the money? Despite the questions I scored the same as I do on other political compass tests.

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -1.00
    Authoritarian/Libertarian: -2.72

Authoritarian
    Left

Right
    Libertarian

gsx1138

• Gopher
    Gopher

Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -3.12
    Authoritarian/Libertarian: -3.59

• Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

Well! Halfway between communisim and anarchism!! No wonder I left the JW and called myself Max(imum) Divergent!!!

Economic Left/Right: -6.50
    Authoritarian/Libertarian: -6.36

http://www.digitalronin.f2s.com/politicalcompass/questionnaire.pl?page=printable_graph&X=-6.50&Y=-6.36

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Your political compass

Economic Left/Right: -4.12
    Authoritarian/Libertarian: -3.90

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

Your political compass
    Economic Left/Right: -2.38
    Authoritarian/Libertarian: -3.74

Some of the questions were skewed to the right as well, such as "what's good for a corporation is ultimately best for us" and "the primary responsibility of a corporation is...stockholders" (can't remember how it went).

Economically, I'd say it accurately graphed me. To paraphrase Shakespeare, "neither a Keynesian nor a supply-sider me." I have problems with both, but more with supply-side economics.

Libertarian-wise, again pretty good. I'm not ready to throw all rules to the wind, but I have strong dislikes to the government telling me I have to wear seat belts, or a helmet, etc. I do/would do those anyway, recognizing what i see as value in so doing; it's being told to do so, like I'm a kid, that rankles.

LDH--are you thinking of Worldcom, the telecommunications company?

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Jan: This is an interesting test. I appear to be not far from Ghandi. I scored:

Ecomonic Left/Right: -1.38

Authoritarian/Liberal: -3.03

I have some reservations about the way some of these tests are constructed. There is no allowance to check that I have "no opinion" or "don't know" which would have results in a "0" in several qeastions, and placed me even more in the middle.

Also, some questions are conceptually irritating because of my culture. For example, the one that asks about Government giving right ... in my culture ALL rights are considered self-evident and belong to all the people collectively and individually. We the people only loan some power and rights to the Government, which is our servant. Anyway, I still answered the question in the spirit it was asked.

I am more liberal than most realize ... closer to what we call in the USA: Fiscal Conservative/Social Liberal. Oddly enough, I have found that many in my engineering profession fit the same profile. Thanks again for posting the test. Whereas those I work with in real estate and law are much more liberal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit