Does the Society believe in the Trinity?

by Fatal Error 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• willy_think
    willy_think

Hi every one,
    my name is Christine, Willie asked me if he could dictate this. So I thought I would say hi and get some credit....... lol Hi!

LucidSky,
    i think you make a good point but, I find a difficulty about the idea of the father begetting many sons from all eternity. in order to be many they would have to be somehow different form one another. two pennies have the same shape. how are they two? by occupying different places and containing different atoms. in other words, to think of them as different, we have had to bring in space and matted; in fact we have had to bring in "nature" or the created universe. I can understand the distinction between the father and the son without bringing in space or matter, because the one begets the other is begotten. the father's relation to the is not the same as the son's relation to the father. but if there were several sons they would all be related to one another and to the father in the same way. how would they differ from one another? one does not notice the difficulty at first, of course. one thinks one can form the idea of several "sons". but when I think closely, I find that the idea seemed possible only because I was vaguely imagining them as human forms standing about together in some kind of space. in other words. though I pretended to be thinking about something that exists before any universe was made, I was really smuggling in the picture of a universe and putting that something inside it.
    which rases the question; was nature-space and time and matter - created in order to make many possible

Will

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit