Does the Society believe in the Trinity?

by Fatal Error 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fatal Error
    Fatal Error

Came across a UK website with some very interesting research: http://www.fortunecity.co.uk/jodrellbank/hyperdrive/479/more_rev.htm

Pasted for your convienence, with references right at the bottom.

Edited to add that the flashy fonts and colors are straight off the website, I'm not this extravagant Revelation 22:12 Understanding the true key to Revelation and exposing the Watchtower's deceptions by using only their own material that I uncovered while attending their Kingdom Hall and personally investigating their teaching, doctrine and history as I was invited to do so by themselves. I would like to thank the Tyne Dock Congregation of Jehovah's witnesses for their co-operation in allowing me full access to their library to gather and confirm all the information presented on this web site and my Multimedia CD ROM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Make Up Your Mind Now as to Whom You Will Serve?"
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I could have not found a better title for this page while I was researching their material, than the one provided by the Watchtower from their own article, w67 11/15, page 680
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The Watchtower tells us that "Jehovah God is one God. The Supreme God. Jesus is His created being, His Son. Separate and not equal in any way." Both are as different as chalk and cheese. Jesus is not God. The Trinity is false and that Jehovah God, the Almighty speaks only three times in Revelations. I stated in my letter to the Governing Body that I felt the "KEY" to understanding the Bible was to be found in Revelation and here it is in full. The answer to my question I set out to find, lay in one passage of Scripture. Revelation 22:12 My question was this; Are the Watchtower Society who they claim to be and have they told the truth? 4 year later. I found the answer. Read what the Watchtower had to say about Revelation 22:12 and then make your own mind up! Whom You Will Serve? The Watchtower state that in Revelation, Jehovah God speaks only three times. This statement comes direct from the Watchtowers Revelation book and gives the following Scriptures where ALMIGHTY GOD talks, these are Rev 1:8 Rev 21:5-8; & Rev 22:12-15(Its ironic that the title of the chapter is Jesus Comes With Encouragement.) Which in it states; "This is the first of three times in Revelation that "Jehovah himself" speaks from heaven." (See also Revelation 21:5-8; 22:12-15.) So from the start. The Watchtower teaches that Revelation 22:12 and as you will see verses 13, 14, &15 are also ALMIGHTY GOD talking. The actual article "With the ironic title is" *** re 20 4 Jesus Comes With Encouragement *** Which states This is the first of three times in Revelation that Jehovah himself speaks from heaven. (See also Revelation 21:5-8; 22:12-15.) Note here that: The Watchtower, when asked, "Who is the speaker in Revelation 22:12? will always say they have ALWAYS said this was Jehovah and have ALWAYS taught this. Is this true? Or have they lied and deceived millions? The wording used that supports this is; Jehovah, the King of eternity, now addresses readers of Revelation for the last time in the prophecy, saying: "Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me Revelation 22:12-15 The actual article *** re 316 44 Revelation and You *** 6 Jehovah, the King of eternity, now addresses readers of Revelation for the last time in the prophecy, saying: "Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to render to each one as his work is. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end. Happy are those who wash their robes, that the authority to go to the trees of life may be theirs and that they may gain entrance into the city by its gates. Outside are the dogs and those who practice spiritism and the fornicators and the murderers and the idolaters and everyone liking and carrying on a lie."Revelation 22:12-15. This is in complete contradiction to the very same Revelation book, (next page actually, page 319 section 15) where it states in the exact same scripture, it is now Jesus who speaks in Revelation 22:12where it states. Jesus here saying that for the fifth time. (Revelation 2:16; 3:11; 22:7, 12, 20) Remember new light can never contradict old light! And it already has..but on we go. Note here that they say Jehovah, the King of eternity, now addresses readers of Revelation for the last time and Jesus here saying that for the fifth time. Here the Watchtower are trying to implying that both are coming, (in different ways of course, and applying different interpretation of Scripture to each,) when in fact it is only Jesus who is to come in Revelation. They do this by telling the reader that while Jehovah has said He is coming for the LAST TIME they state that Jesus has said the same thing for the FIFTH TIME, thus implying the two are different and that Jesus will speak again. And he does, at Rev 22:20 The main reason they are implying the two speak similar words at different times, is to force their pre-conceived idea that Jehovah and Jesus are separate and they are in no way ONE. Or viewed or looked upon as being ONE. They must, at all cost, be separate. Other wise the entire Watchtower Society and its world wide Organisation are shown to be the biggest False Prophet on the face of the earth. Their version of who is speaking and when; only confuses the Scriptures, but in confusing the reading in to believing their pre-conceived version, this has the added effect of actually showing what they are trying to do and exposes them as the Grand Masters of Deception. And this is how they have done it. The reader is told that Jehovahs name has been put back in to the New Testament. This distracts the reader from the original wording of Lord which is in fact Jesus. So when the reader is guided to certain Scriptures and told that it is Jehovah speaking, it is in fact, at times, Jesus who is speaking. This brings in the issue of the Trinity and how it is viewed, which I fully explained in my letter to the Governing Body, Click here to see how God is viewed. The Elohim are One and the One is Echad, the plural of One. The actual article *** re 319 44 Revelation and You *** 15Jesus now adds a final word of encouragement: "He that bears witness of these things says, Yes; I am coming quickly." (Revelation 22:20a) Jesus is "the faithful and true witness." (Revelation 3:14) If he bears witness to the visions of Revelation, they must be true. Both he and Jehovah God himself repeatedly stress the fact that they are coming "quickly," or soon, Jesus here saying that for the fifth time. And the scripture they quote is (Revelation 2:16; 3:11; 22:7, 12, 20) The "coming" is to execute judgment on the great harlot, the political "kings" and all others who oppose "the kingdom of our Lord [Jehovah] and of his Christ."Revelation 11:15; 16:14, 16; 17:1, 12-14. Here, the Watchtower now say that it is Jesus who is speaking in Rev 22:12But in the very same chapter of the very same book they say Rev 22:12 is Jehovah, the King of eternity.who speaks in Revelation 22:12-15. In this confusing article, the Watchtower try it make it look like both Jehovah and Jesus are BOTH coming. When in fact in Revelation, the one who is coming is only applied to Jesus and no one else. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Change the word Jehovah back to Lord and everything falls in to place. The verses, when now read in their surrounding context, make perfect sense.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The WATCHTOWER have emphatically stated over and over again that ONLY Jehovah is the one speaking in Rev 22:12and it cant be anyone else, especially Jesus because this would make Jesus, God, and the Trinity valid. Remember new light can never contradict old light... So they MUST, at all cost maintain that the speaker of Rev 22:12 is Jehovah and ONLY Jehovah. But looking in their publications I was researching at their Kingdom Hall, they state that it is in fact Jesus who is again the speaker of Rev. 22:12 and say the following.. Jesus associated his return with the rewarding of his followers. Said he: "Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me,Rev. 22:12 But in the Watchtowers attempt to cover the real truth and make it Jehovah who is the only God and that Jesus is nothing more than a created being, His Son. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- They have made the greatest mistake of all and told the truth from the Scriptures, in who it really is that is speaking in Rev 22:12
    They said in 1955 that Jesus said, "Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me,Rev. 22:12 and this is not what the Watchtower teach. The actual article *** w55 7/1 387 Christ's Coming an Academic Question? *** Jesus associated his return with the rewarding of his followers. Said he: "Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, Rev. 22:12 Remember new light can never contradict old light but new light HAS contradicted old light. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Revelation 22:12 is Jesus, is Jehovah, is Jesus, is Jehovah, is Jesus, is Jehovah, is Jesus, is Jehovah,
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Then, after they say it is Jesus who is Revelation 22:12 in 1955 they now say in 1967 Jehovah God himself next speaks to John, Jehovah says"Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, and they quote Rev. 22:12 as the Scripture where Jehovah speaks. The actual article *** w67 11/15 680 Make Up Your Mind Now as to Whom You Will Serve *** States thatJehovah God himself next speaks to John, Jehovah says: "Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to render to each one as his work is."Rev. 22:12. For Almighty God speaking in this statement, the Watchtower again quote Revelation 22:12 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- So finally, they make up their mind as to whom to serve, or do they?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- It is now Jehovah God, and quote Rev 22:12 "Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me Revelation 22:12It is Jehovah God and NOT Jesus. This is supported by their next article from Awake in August 1978 entitledWho Is "the Alpha and the Omega"? The actual article *** g78 8/22 28 Who Is "the Alpha and the Omega"? *** Finally, at Revelation 22:12, 13, we read: "Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to render to each one as his work is. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end." This quotation appears among others that are ascribed to an angel and to Jesus Christ. Before these words are quoted in the book of Revelation, the angel who was instrumental in presenting the revelation to the apostle John spoke. (Rev. 22:8, 9) Then, after the quotation that begins with Revelation 22:12 and ends with the words of verse 15, we find the statement: "I, Jesus, sent my angel." (Rev. 22:16) Since the context does not necessitate our attributing the words of Revelation 22:12, 13 either to the angel or to Jesus, they could have originated with another speaker. Consistent with the rest of the book of Revelation, "the Alpha and the Omega" must be the Almighty God. He is the One who comes in the capacity of a judge to reward and to punish individuals according to their works. This article above, is extremely important because verse 22:12 actually leads on IN CONTEXT in to verse 13 Thus showing that it is the Alpha and the Omega. Almighty God Himself, in the flesh who is coming quickly!Revelation 22:12 Almighty God Himself also holds the title of, "The first and the last, the beginning and the end", which again is none other that Almighty God Himself. In these 2 consecutive lines of Scripture, we know "someone is coming and we know who it is." It is Almighty God Himself. The Watchtower as usual works its magic and tries to confuse the Scriptures further by stating: "Then, after the quotation that begins with Revelation 22:12 and ends with the words of verse 15, (NOTICE HERE that they have used and shown all the verses from Rev 22:12-15, to be One speaker, they now go on to say,) we find the statement: "I, Jesus, sent my angel." (Rev. 22:16) This is also extremely important, as verse 22:16 is a continuation of the same person talking as in the previous verses Rev 22:12:-15 which runs in perfect context. (They go on to say,) Since the context does not necessitate our attributing the words of Revelation 22:12, 13 either to the angel or to Jesus, they could have originated with another speaker. (WHICH THEY CONCLUDE ISConsistent with the rest of the book of Revelation,) "the Alpha and the Omega" must be the Almighty God. He is the One who comes in the capacity of a judge to reward and to punish individuals according to their works. The Watchtower concludes that, "the Alpha and the Omega" (verse 13,) must be the Almighty God. The very same one who says in the previous verse, verse 12 "Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me" Notice now how sure they are of themselves! They, Gods Prophet, Gods sole channel of communication to men on earth today. The ones who deliver Gods own Prophecies in His own Organization, They state in the Awake of August 1978 that Revelation 22:12-13 & 14 & 15 is Almighty God Himself. Satisfied now they have got it right? Can suppress your own conscience in to living a lie because you have turned a blind eye to new light contradicting old light! Are you happy with that? Can you do that? Can live with that? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Well then Are you willing to stand by your babies or childs hospital bed and tell the doctors and nurses that because you have been told the "TRUTH" from the Watchtower Society, (in that they have told you they are Gods Prophet and therefore MUST know what they are saying;) because of this, you are prepared to refuse medical treatment and let your baby or child die? Could you stand their and watch your baby or child die knowing in yourself that the Watchtower Society have knowingly lied to you and millions of other unsuspecting people who also believe everything from a self proclaimed uninspired Prophet? If you are prepared to do this act; watch your children or loved ones die a needless death because you believe all what youve been told, or indeed give up your own life.... Then before you commit yourself or your children to an early grave, you should read the next Watchtower article because so far you have been told and believe that Revelation 22:12 is no one else; and cant be no one else, except Jehovah God Himselfirrespective that you have already witnessed new light blatantly contradict old light. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Turning a blind eye is blind faith.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- OK. So you want to go ahead and sacrifice the life of your child because you believe in August 1978 Jehovah is God and it is Him who speaks in Revelation 22:12 In September 1978 your child dies because you refuse him a life saving transplant because Jehovah, in His wisdom decided to ban transplants in 1968 and you believe with all your heart that Revelation 22:12 is Jehovah God. In the very week you bury your child, the new Watchtower of October 1978 is released, In it they then change their minds again and say it is now Jesus in who is now again the speaker in Revelation 22:12. They write Jesus again stresses the suddenness with which he comes: Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me. . . . Yes;." and quote the Scripture Rev. 22:12 The actual article *** w78 10/1 15 "Keep on the Watch" ***6 Also, in his final revelation concerning "the things that must shortly take place," Jesus again stresses the suddenness with which he comes: Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me. . . . Yes;." (Rev. 22:12) "Amen! Come, Lord Jesus." If that is not enough by 1980. Transplants that were banned by God, (through the Society,) are now OK and the transplant you refused your child, is now freely available to your friends child who now needs that exact same life saving operation. You know your child need not have died. Your friends child lives. Yours dies. "Still convinced the Society are who they claim to be? Still believe they are Gods true Prophet? Happy and willing to sacrifice your last child? Or confused and bewildered?" Well, theres more to comeWho then exactly, is the speaker in Revelation 22:12? The answer comes from the Bible. The Watchtower, in their confusion, actually tell the truth. They say the speaker is none other than God himself. The actual article *** w88 6/15 20 Detest Utterly the World's Disgraceful Course *** 18 The Bible shows clearly that we are living in the final part of what it terms "the conclusion of the system of things." (Matthew 24:3) Peter said "the heavens and the earth that are now are stored up for fire and are being reserved to the day of judgment and of destruction of the ungodly men." (2 Peter 3:7) When this long-awaited day of reckoning occurs, the claim that man can act independently of God and that his immoral, violent behavior is just a product of evolution will go up in smoke. (Colossians 3:5, 6) Listen to how Godhimself describes, in his last recorded words in the Bible, the outcome for those who serve him and for those who do not:"Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to render to each one as his work is. . . . Happy are those who wash their robes, that the authority to go to the trees of life may be theirs and that they may gain entrance into the city by its gates. Outside are the dogs and those who practice spiritism and the fornicators and the murderers and the idolaters and everyone liking and carrying on a lie."Revelation 22:12-15.

Edited by - fatal error on 2 July 2002 16:2:43

• Fatal Error
    Fatal Error

*** w55 7/1 387 Christ's Coming an Academic Question? ***

Jesus associated his return with the rewarding of his followers. Said he: "Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, Rev. 22:12

*** w67 11/15 680 Make Up Your Mind Now as to Whom You Will Serve ***

Jehovah God himself next speaks to John, Jehovah says: "Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to render to each one as his work is."Rev. 22:12

*** w78 10/1 15 "Keep on the Watch" ***

6 Also, in his final revelation concerning "the things that must shortly take place," Jesus again stresses the suddenness with which he comes: Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me. . . . Yes;." (Rev. 22:12) "Amen! Come, Lord Jesus."

*** w88 6/15 20 Detest Utterly the World's Disgraceful Course ***

Listen to how God himself describes, in his last recorded words in the Bible, the outcome for those who serve him and for those who do not:

"Look! Iamcoming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, Revelation 22:12

Edited by - fatal error on 2 July 2002 16:6:39

• Fatal Error
    Fatal Error

3 situations can be brought out of all of this:

1. The "new light/old light" theory.

2. The Society are in fact teaching the Trinity without being aware of it.

3. The Society have no idea who God/Jesus is, wether a Trinity or not, and thus are false prophets who don't know their foot from their elbow thus and unfit to lead 6-odd million people.

1 can be ruled out as each article clearly contradicts the other. 3 disqualifies the Society as being "the Truth". 2 leads to serious questioning of the non-trinity teaching, the Society's spiritual superiority, and opens up the door for worship of Jesus as God, doing away with the requierement for salvation through an organisation.

• SYN
    SYN

Um, you might want to make your text a bit smaller. I know you're really anxious to get the point across, but the fact is I could read that text from Alpha Centuari Interesting research tho, keep it up!

• Fatal Error
    Fatal Error

Should be fixed now

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

I can't buy it.

To me, the angel speaks in Rev. 22:12-16 quoting Christ. It could be Christ in 18-20. But if one wants to believe in the Trinity, tell me where God was the nine months the Christ child was in Mary's womb? Did Jehovah suckle at a human woman's breast and play in the dirt and get His ass wiped? Was the universe on autopilot? Remember, at that time Satan hadn't been confined to Earth. Would God leave the helm for him to grab when he was still loose?

Also, when Christ says in Matt. 24:36 that even He didn't know when "that day and hour" would come, how then can He be equal to God? How can one part of "you" for example, know something that another part of "you" doesn't know if "you" are "one"? Makes God sound like Rodan on those Japanese sci-fi flicks to believe in the Trinity , doesn't it?

And as far as him saying, so can you turn a blind eye to this and allow your child to die, buddy take that argument (a red herring actually) and shove it where the sun doesn't shine. Now you're getting emotional--fanatical even--and you lose me there. As ex-JW's haven't we gotten beyond "If you don't believe me you're a bad person" yet? But that's the thrust of his argument around half-way through.

• willy_think
    willy_think

I was going to explain the trinity again but changed my mind. If you cared you would have looked it up.

Your questions express your belief in some kind of finite God incapable of performing more then one task at a time. Locking God into time making him some little creator.

You do not seem to believe the Christ LOWERED himself to the form of a slave.

Have you read about the guy in Canada who would not turn a blind eye to his little girl?
    A red herring my ass, people die for the little tribal God the WT made up.

To hell with your little gods.

• Fatal Error
    Fatal Error
    Now you're getting emotional--fanatical even--and you lose me there.

First off, please go back to the top of my original post, where I clearly state that this isn't my own research.

Second, I agree with willy, how can a GOD who is omnipresent, omnipotent, etc, etc.. not be capable of allocating a probably infinitiseemily(sp??) small part of himself to pop down on earth and set the straying sheep straight? Or maybe the WT GOD is just a small boastful entity, vying for the crown..

• jwsons
    jwsons

I thought NewLight2 did post something like this under the title"Old Light - New Light: Changes in Watchtower Doctrines" on 04/07/2001 at Hourglass H2O (old at coolboard). I only have the old link (off course, it doesn't work anymore, for H2O now move to aimo.com).

http://www.coolboard.com/msgshow.cfm/msgboard=25212130276676&msg=84888264119351&page=1&idDispSub=32339594032428

I think I better paste his original text here:[Note: below section is the work of NewLight2 of H2O, not mine]

CHANGES IN WATCHTOWER DOCTRINES

OLD LIGHT - NEW LIGHT

ORGAN TRANSPLANTS
    1967-1980: prohibited as "cannibalism" WT 11/15/67 p.702
    Since 1980 - permitted WT 3/15/80 p.31

VACCINATIONS
    1931-1952 Prohibited as being a "direct violation of the everlasting covenant." Golden Age 2/4/31 p.293
    Since 1952 - permitted WT 12/15/52 p.764and AWAKE! 8/22/65 p.20

ORGANIZATION - ITS IMPORTANCE
    1893 - No organization today WT 1893 p.266
    1894 - Not part of the Lord's plan. WT 12/1/1894 p. 384
    1895 - Beware of organization WT 9-15-1895 p.216
    1955 - Respect the organization Qualified to be Ministers, 1955, p.380
    1957 - Obedience to organization. WT 5/1/57 p.274
    1972 - Submit to headship (Governing Body) WT 12-15-72 p.755
    1983 - Essential part of the Lord's plan WT 2/15/83 p.12

PYRAMIDOLOGY
    Prior to 1928 - "God's Stone Witness and Prophet" Used to predict dates Thy Kingdom Come, 1891, p.313, 16, 17, 342, 362
    Since 1928 - Satan's Bible; not God's Stone Witness. WT 11/15/28 p.344
    1928 - Satan's Bible WT 11-15-28 p.841
    1930 - Just a pile of stones Light II, 1930, p.286

ROMANS 13:1 - WHO ARE THE "SUPERIOR AUTHORITIES?"
    1886 - Earthly governments Divine Plan of the Ages, 1886, p.266
    1889 - Earthly governments Time Is At Hand, 1889, p.81
    1932-1963: God and Christ Vindication, Vol. 3, 1932, p.13 and The Truth Shall Make You Free, 1943, p.312
    1952 - God and Christ Let God Be True, 1952, p.248
    1959 - God and Christ Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose, p.91
    1963 - Earthly political governments WT 1/1/63 p.31
    1975 - Earthly political governments 1975 Yearbook, p.238 1980 - Earthly political governments WT 5/15/80 p.4

THE REVELATION NAMES "APOLLYON" AND "ABADDON"
    Refers to Satan - The Finished Mystery, p.159
    Refers to Jesus Christ - Then Is Finished the Mystery of God, p.232

WHO IS "THE TRUE LORD?"
    Jesus Christ WT 9-15-83 p.19
    Jehovah God WT 7-1-89 p.30

THE "ALPHA AND OMEGA"OF REVELATION 22:12
    Refers to Jehovah God - AWAKE! 8/22/78 p.28
    Refers to Jesus Christ - WT 10/1/78 p.15
    ( A major change in just 2 months!)

WHO IS MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL?
    Not the Son of God - WT November, 1879, p.4
    Jesus not an angel - WT March, 1883, p.456
    The Pope of Rome - The Finished Mystery, 1926 Edition, p.188
    Jesus Christ, the Son of God - Reasoning From the Scriptures, 1985, p.218

SAYING "HELLO" TO DISFELLOWSHIPPED MEMBERS?
    1970 NO WT 6/1/70 p.352
    1972 NO Organization for Kingdom Preaching..., 1972, p.172
    1974 YES WT 8/1/74 pp.464,465 1981 NO WT 9/15/81 p.25

WILL THE MEN OF SODOM AND GOMORRA BE RESURRECTED?
    1879 YES WT July, 1879 p.8
    1952 NO WT 6/1/52 p.338
    1965 YES WT 8/1/65 p.479
    1988 NO WT 8/1/88 p.31
    1988 YES "You Can Live Forever..." p.179 (Old Edition)
    1988 NO "You Can Live Forever..." p.179 (New Edition)
    1988 YES Insight On The Scriptures, Vol.2, p.985
    1988 NO Revelation - Its Grand Climax p.273

WHEN WAS THE 'SECOND PRESENCE' OF JESUS CHRIST?
    1874 - Harp of God, 1921, p.234
    1874 - WT 1/1/24 p.5
    1874 - Creation, 1927, p.289
    1874 - Prophecy, 1929, p.65
    1914 - AWAKE! 4/22/57 pp. 11,12
    1914 - From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained, 1958, p.170
    1914 - God's Kingdom of a Thousand Years..., 1973, pp. 209,210
    1914 - You Can Live Forever..., 1982, p.147

The Society said in the Watchtower issue of WT 1/15/93 p.5 "The Watchtower has consistently presented evidence to honesthearted students of Bible prophecy that Jesus' presence in heavenly Kingdom power began in 1914."

"CONSISTENTLY"? After examining the above quotes, is this true?

WHO IS THE "FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE?"
    a. All anointed Watchtower members - JWS in the Divine Purpose, p.68
    b. Brother Russell filled the office of special "servant" - WT 3/1/23 p.6
    c. From 1896 to 1916 - Watchtower founder, Charles Taze Russell The Finished Mystery, 1917, p.5
    d. Charles Taze Russell - The finished Mystery, 1917, p.53
    e. Spiritual Israelites: the 'anointed' Society members - From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained, 1958, p.193
    f. The Watchtower admits earlier view that Russell was considered "the Servant" Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose, 1959, p.69
    g. A "class" of individuals - 1975 Yearbook, p.88
    h. "Russell disavowed being the Servant." - God's Kingdom of a Thousand Years..., 1973, pp.345,346
    i. The Society asserts that it never published a biography of Pastor Russell - Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose, 1959, p.63
    j. But here are the Introductory pages of the Society's Biography of Pastor Russell - The Divine Plan of the Ages, 1927 Ed., p.1

(So, why the cover-up?)

k. Because in this Biography Russell admitted in private that HE was "the Servant" - The Divine Plan of the Ages, 1927 Ed., p.7

SOME NOTABLE QUOTES...

"A new view of truth never can contradict a former truth. "New light" never extinguishes older "light" but adds to it." Charles Russell in Zion's Watchtower, Feb. 1881, p.3

"It is a serious matter to represent God and Christ in one way, then find that our understanding of the major teachings and fundamental doctrines of the Scriptures was in error, and then after that, to go back to the very doctrines that, by years of study, we had thoroughly determined to be in error. Christians cannot be vacillating - 'wishy-washy' - about such fundamental teachings. What confidence can one put in the sincerity or judgment of such persons?" WT 5/15/76 p.298

"However, it may have seemed to some as though that path has not always gone straight forward. At times explanations given by Jehovah's visible organization have shown adjustments, seemingly to previous points of view. But this has not actually been the case. This might be compared to what is known in navigational circles as "tacking." By maneuvering the sails, the sailors can cause a ship to go from right to left, back and forth,..." WT 12/1/81 p.27

But then they say:

"...to run "not uncertainly" means that to every observer it should be very evident where the runner is heading. The Anchor Bible renders it "not on a zigzag course." Wt 8/1/92 p.17

Yet this right to left "zigzag course" is the very direction that the Society has given itself permission to take!

We have the right to again ask: "What confidence can one put in the sincerity or judgment of such persons?"

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

Willy,

You do not seem to believe the Christ LOWERED himself to the form of a slave.

And gave no thought to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God, but he humbled himself and took a slave's form, John says.

Fatal,

I wasn't referring to you personally when I said that someone getting fanatical lost me--I referred to the person who first wrote the piece. Emotionalism like that turns me off--rational, logical discourse is what I want. In this case I think the Society has very good reasons not to believe the Trinity. If you and Willey want to believe that's your right.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit