To: Truthbknown

by Dubby 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

waiting, honey, you sound like you're gun shy! Love ya' babe!

• mgm
    mgm

I think, JW are not the only way to God. I know people from other christian groups, which have a much deeper and closer relationship to god and Jesus than the average witness. They also show that love to God trough the clean lifestyle, which they really practice (from there heard, not because it's a law).
    Will they be destroid by God? When Jesus said, some will say... lord, lord, didn't we do this and that in your name?? Whom did he mean?
    In my opinion, he mean the one, which did work for God to look good to other people but not from real love to God! Does anybody here really believe, that God or Jesus will tell them at the court:
    You really loved us, helped other people by any chance and spent almost your whole time for us, but unfortunately you misunderstood that and this teaching...
    But to the witness they would say:
    You didn't have a close personal relationship to us and we didn't see you showing love, but, important is, that you got the right sense out of the bible. So you will be saved!

For my case, I'm still a witness. After some talks with elders, I'm not allowed to discuss my doubs with others in the meetings. Thats wy I enjoy this forum so much....

• mgm
    mgm

I think, JW are not the only way to God. I know people from other christian groups, which have a much deeper and closer relationship to god and Jesus than the average witness. They also show that love to God trough the clean lifestyle, which they really practice (from there heard, not because it's a law).
    Will they be destroid by God? When Jesus said, some will say... lord, lord, didn't we do this and that in your name?? Whom did he mean?
    In my opinion, he mean the one, which did work for God to look good to other people but not from real love to God! Does anybody here really believe, that God or Jesus will tell them at the court:
    You really loved us, helped other people by any chance and spent almost your whole time for us, but unfortunately you misunderstood that and this teaching...
    But to the witness they would say:
    You didn't have a close personal relationship to us and we didn't see you showing love, but, important is, that you got the right sense out of the bible. So you will be saved!

For my case, I'm still a witness. After some talks with elders, I'm not allowed to discuss my doubs with others in the meetings. Thats wy I enjoy this forum so much....

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

mgm,

I agree with you. I to am a Witness with many doubts that was told not to discuss my doubts with others or would be classified as an opposer.

I wonder who I would be opposing, the WT or God? I no longer equate the two as having anything to do with each other.

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

SC, that sounds like Gestapo tactics by the WTBS in order to keep people from hearing the truth and leaving the Org. That's not "unity", it's force.

• Scorpion
    Scorpion

Roamingfeline,

HEIL THE WATCHTOWER ORGANIZATION!!!

I hope you know I am kidding.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey, mgm.

Thanks for the thoughts - never heard it put that way. Makes one think about where our priorities are located, huh?

I'm still a witness, but for the first time in 30 years, have been absent from all meetings for 2 months. Just needed some thinking and reading time.

Time well spent, but so far is not making me a stronger JW - I really don't believe the organization is evil, etc. - just perhaps not who they have presented themselves as, our only channel to God.

To Frenchy - Gun shy? Bullet ridden!!!!!!!

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Evil? No, probably not. However, I think the organization is almost 180 degrees away from where it once was.

It just seems to get more and more like every other mainstream religion while claiming to be the only truth, the only "way".

It just seems that so much revolves around counting time and meeting attendance. Is this really serving God, or is it just a way to maintain control?

I find it harder and harder to deal with as time goes on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit