To: Truthbknown

by Dubby 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Dubby
    Dubby

Dear Truthbknown,

Don't be so afraid to let the truthbknown! Devoting yourself to men and their rules puts you in a precarious position with Jehovah. Be like the Boreans who, as I'm sure you are well aware, "checked to see if these things were so".

I'll be honost here. I was baptized in 1985 when the baptismal questions were changed. Do you know what I'm talking about? Anyhoo, I made it 12 years before I really started to learn about the org. that I belong to. I am trying to be like the Boreans. So, don't stick your head in the sand like I did for so long. If you want to be ignorant, that's your choice. But if you want to learn more, as I suspect you might, because of your visits to the other sites, stick around.

Simon has provided a valuable service for JW's. The title of this board is what it is. "Apostate" or not, He has shown care and love for JW's and everyone else. The internet has opened up a vast source of info for us. Some of it is good and some not so good. Use your powers of intellect and research to decipher what is accurate and not accurate. Why should we be willing to close our minds and follow just the words of a few men in Brooklyn? Makes no sense to me.

"Enjoy God's creation, ride a dirt bike!"

Edited by - dubby on 9 June 2000 11:40:47

• sevenoften
    sevenoften

Dubby,
    Why would you want to belong to an organization that has lied to you?
    Let's assume JWTruth has swayed me, and I just don't feel I can trust the WTS anymore.
    Where do I go and what do I believe?
    It appears the posters on these boards believe many different things, but agree that the WTS as it exists presently is not showing us the way.
    I would just appreciate an insight into what the new theology will consist of.
    Unlike others, I have no fear of man (meaning opinions of friends and relatives) if I walk away. I just want to make sure I've found something better so I can bring them along.
    So far, no-one's presenting any attractive alternatives.

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

This is perhaps one of the most common questions I've been faced with. Paradoxically if one gives an answer to someone asking "where else do we go?" one becomes an apostate according to Witness definitions because it is at this point one is advocating another way.

At some point though, when does a person with principles feel like a complete hypocrite going through the motions in an arrangement he knows is not correct? Because you don't have a nice pretty answer on where to go, does that justify remaining somewhere that is wrong? Perhaps for some it does, and I cannot criticize, as I too am trying to quietly fade away.

For me I choose to remain in the Christ, others choose otherwise. I see no easy answers to this question in full detail, and I do believe if you think you've found answers that seem definite and sure, you risk being enslaved again.

A person in an abusive relationship might decide to remain in it because of side benefits such as food, clothing, shelter, and not knowing "where to go." At some point that person may realize a need to leave the abusive relationship and not know exactly where he/she is going to.

I do believe that if we have faith, and keep our senses, we will be cared for.

Pathofthorns

• waiting
    waiting

Dear Sevenoften,

Why do we have to go anywhere? Jesus was asking his apostles if they wanted to leave HIM. In response to Jesus' question, they responded, "Lord, YOU have the sayings of life, where else can we go?"

Why do we have to go anywhere - to another organization? Jesus said to follow Him, which is written in the Bible. This question does come up often, and the WT Society/Corporation is very direct with us - there is no place else we can go, not even Jesus. Unless we think and do as they say, the WT Society/Corporation will not allow us to stay in their corporation.

This is not what Jesus tells us in the Bible. Why not?

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman
    Why do we have to go anywhere - to another organization? Jesus said to follow Him, which is written in the Bible. This question does come up often, and the WT Society/Corporation is very direct with us - there is no place else we can go, not even Jesus. Unless we think and do as they say, the WT Society/Corporation will not allow us to stay in their corporation.

Waiting, this is something that we frequently don't realize. We all buy into the idea that God is available ONLY through the WTS.

This point really struck home. The WTS can't remove us from a relationship with Jehovah, they can only remove us from a relationship with the corporation.

Thank you for this statement.

• Andyman
    Andyman

Hi Waiting;

You hit the nail on the head. Why is it that we have to find something better if we leave? Isn't God and Jesus enough?

You don't know how many times I have heard that question "where will you go if you leave" asked in the last couple of years that I have been on the internet.

Like you said the society can only remove one from the organization not from Jehovah.

It is alos kind of ironic that when they remove someone they claim they have "left" Jehovah, when in reality this may not always be true.

Like RedhorseWoman said, "We all buy into the idea that God is available ONLY through the WTS". I think this idea is very sad indeed.

Take care.

Andyman:

• Dubby
    Dubby

7 of 10,

The truth is I don't want to belong to this org. anymore. Family and friends is what keeps me near it, though. The WTS knows how I feel and what I know, and so do the elders.

Like the others indicated, I don't want to jump into another religion. I don't think Jesus created a blueprint for big organized religion. Going to Jesus and gathering with a few others once in a while is enough for me.

"Enjoy God's creation, ride a dirt bike!"

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

The Watchtower Society TELLS you that you have nowhere else to go, because that's what they want you to think. They want you to think that theirs is the only Pony Show in town. Don't believe it.
    When the Organization, who calls itself a prophet, tells you that they're the only game in town that is "Truth", they are isolating you from true knowledge. The true knowledge is that the Organization itself is fallible, as well as the very imperfect men who run it, however loving their motives may be.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Some time ago I put together a short monogram on this very question "to where shall we go?" Actually I thing the apostle asked "to whom shall we go", but no matter. I searched for 18 years after leaving the society and feel I found what I was looking for only after I quit searching. Anyone wanting me to share it I will gladly send it. My hotmail account is < [email protected]>

carmel

• waiting
    waiting

Dear Carmel,

Oh, thank you for saying that my not-actual-quote wording was not worth getting into it over.

It's such a relief not to have to see my words in those little lines then remarked upon.

Your a good guy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit