Straw that broke the Camels Back

by Perfection Seeker 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• CC Ryder
    CC Ryder

Perfection Seeker....a lawyer can write a letter to the comittee and serve as way to tell them to back off....and they also can tell them if they insist on the meeting anyway that they too will be present...the Borg usually will back down and leave you be...you just fade out and the Bang is more on your end....you kind of get the last laugh....the Lawyer simply tells them if they want a law suite on their hands then they could continue to harass you by calling on you and that causing your family to shun you would be deformation of your charracter...of course your family still may shun you...but at least you've had the upper hand....

CC

• Perfection Seeker
    Perfection Seeker

AHHHHHH- thanks for the information! Will get a lawyer on retainer tomorrow- lol! :-) Course, I did like the comment someone wrote about streaking with I QUIT on their butt-lol. I always thought it would be cool for someone who still had priveledges (man- what a crock) to get up front to do a part then start saying negatives :-) But, us "sisters" don't have a lot of room. I guess to me- I think it would be fun to sit at the meeting and when they said anything- like a public talk- say- yeah, right- out loud- a bunch of times till they kicked you out, but you'd have to attend to do that- not worth it :-)

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

Lots of little straws for me.

There were things happening with me that the Elders couldn't explain. I would give hypothetical situations to them and their stock answer was always "demons, demons and demons" Apparently, if something in the realm of supernatural isn't ok'd with the WTS then it's demons. Needless to say I always thought anything unexplainable was evil.

I got verbally warned for hugging my regular pioneer girlfriend in front of everyone. Needless to say that was the first time I ever swore in the KH loud enough for everyone to hear.

I was listening to a talk about how to convert Hindu's because they had respect for other peoples beliefs. This one really hit me hard, so hard in fact I had to leave the hall to get some air. This would be my epiphany point.

Seeing everyone else doing all the things I wasn't supposed to do and they got away with it all the time.

At the end of my DF meeting (I forgot to add this in my story) they asked me if I was going to have sex with my girlfriend again.

I told them that, "If I didn't have to be here I'd probably be doing her right now."

Not too much repentence on my part.

You are my new hero Spider. Sometimes enough is enough. I'm glad to hear about your dad also.

gsx1138

• DINKY
    DINKY

I had been to the elders twice for my drug proplems. I was addicted to painkillers, smoking pot, and finally shooting up cocaine. They never made a single sheperding call, phone call, or walk up to say "how are you?" at meetings. They didn't even form a JC because it was a "private matter."

Then one day, one of the elders came running after me in the KH parking lot and breathlessly said "We need to meet with you. A couple saw you smoking cigarettes in public."

The irony was the final straw. I never went back.

Dinky

• SpiderMonkey
    SpiderMonkey
    I told them that, "If I didn't have to be here I'd probably be doing her right now."

Mutual heroes, then, gsx! Honestly, you & Seeker both praised me for what I said to an elder; meanwhile I'm LMAO at Seeker sneaking out on a prayer & driving away, not to mention your deadpan rebuke above

We may be a buch of f*d up people, but we're getting better

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

Having two elders come over under the auspices of one matter, then launching into an all-out 'postate hunt'. That little shepherding call ended with them accusing us of involvement in a very serious felony, something we knew nothing about. What it came down to was 1) their teachings/prophecies aren't true, and 2) the fruitage/conduct in their lives isn't true......hmmmmm.

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

Well the straw that did it for me was this,I used to live with an elder and his family. I lived with them for 8 months. I caught a bad stomach virus and had to go stay with my parents till I was better. While I was sick she called and told me I had to move out. What started out a virus turned into a month long stay in bed not being able to hardly move because of pain. The entire time I lay in that bed not one person from the cong.(which I had gone to for 17 years)came to visit me. I lay there every day thinking of the wonderful "CHRISTIAN" love that was being poured into my home. I went back after I got better but started seeing a "worldly" man. The elders found out about him and that very week came to my home to council me on the no-no's of dating a worldly man. Needless to say I havn't been back since. I've been out 10 years and loving every minute of it.

• BugParadise
    BugParadise
    Tinkerbell~~> my mother would tell me that *if I'd stop missing meetings and get back to the kingdom hall, I wouldn't have any of these problems*. That I had these problems because I was missing meetings.

My mother told me the same thing after any family or personal crisis but she wasn't a JW and neither was I (that is still the case) Anyway those fundie homes can be similar in so many ways .. I just always heard "if you were only going to church this never would of happened" ... this was the line given after discovering my daughter had been molested .. talk about salt in the wound!

Sorry to hear of the heartbreaks you have had to live through and may God Bless you! Hang in there!

~Bugs

ps.. see how ugly I am .. that is what happened when I took her advice and went to church ..Hopefully the process can be reversed in time .. lol

• City Fan
    City Fan

Very funny post gsx1138 !!

I didn't really have a final straw.

I had perfected the double life and was happy with it. I had a string of JW girlfriends who helped keep me going to meetings, even though I'd thought the Watchtower was complete bullshit since my mid teens.

My last JW girlfriend was very "spiritual", a complete goody goody (she's now a missionary!) quite tasty but completely boring. But I actually gave the "troof" a go during this period, going to all the meetings, going on the work and praying that God would remove all my doubts. Well he didn't.

I went out one Saturday night and met a Swedish girl in a bar. Instead of being at the meeting on Sunday morning I found myself indulging in a Smorgasbord of sexual fantasies.

A few weeks later at the Thursday night meeting I was telling my best mate about my new Swedish girlfriend and our 'antics' together. But I made a BIG mistake because I also expressed my serious doubts about the Organisation to him. He went straight to the elders and told them what I was up to. He later told me that he only went to the elders because I had doubts, and if I'd not told him that he would have kept the other things to himself.

Well about 2 weeks later I was out and free. I bullshitted my way through 2 committee meetings about how repentent I was so as not to get disfellowshipped then I never went to another meeting.

You can imagine how hard it was to lie through those judicial meetings. I was actually asked at one stage if I had enjoyed sex with a 16 year old Swedish girl. "Oh no brother, you see I was feeling far too guilty at the time!"

• gsx1138
    gsx1138

LOL, City Fan. It's amazing you kept a straight face you lucky bastard

gsx1138

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit