2014 Grand Totals!

by Atlantis 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    So memorial partakers are still rising. Is this because people are sick of waiting for a paradise earth and are deciding they want the 'heavenly hope' or more people are going crazy and think god is talking to them?
  • coalize
    coalize

then now 10% of the amount of the Anointed still alive ?

Then we must conclude that the "soon" is more late than last year?

The JW invented the date "more you are close, more you are far"! Genius!!!

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

@sliding please start using your brain. On one hand all of you are always claiming that 2/3 of the children won't make it to baptism and leave the religion. and in this post you pretend as if every child raised as a JW will be baptised?

Hmmm! I don't think I have ever made that assertion.  Of course any figure below 100% baptism represents further failure by WT despite brainwashing and constant indoctrination to achieve its ends.  However every assembly I go to, at least 50% of those baptised are children of those already in.  Somewhere in between these numbers there is probably something representing the truth.

I don't claim to know anything other than the obvious headline figures, thats why I think that further analysis by someone with expertise would be rewarding.
  • AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

JeffT:  it takes 11,000 hours to get one more publisher.  This has to be about the most inefficient human activity ever.

Use dollars instead of hours and it really puts things in perspective. If a company invested $2 billion and got a return of only $275,000 shareholders would go ballistic. The Board would rightly be called failures.

If a salesman worked 11,000 hours for one sale he'd be fired as a dismal, time-wasting slug. 

But in WT Land, the same results are called an incredible, history-making success all due to god's obvious blessing. Uh huh. 

50% + of baptisms are children of JWs or people not found in door-to-door activity. So, WT did not baptize 275,000 converts. At best, it baptized 136,000 converts.

375,000 babies are born every day; WT baptizes 375 converts (very generous figure) every day. Essentially WT is bailing out the ocean with a tin cup.

Everyday that passes obligates Jehovah to kill another 374,625 people at Armageddon while WT saves a miniscule 375.

And this is the greatest preaching effort ever made? 

• jookbeard
    jookbeard
    I've noticed that like Jeff cited they omit the 7000 plus hours to recruit 1 person 
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

I put about as much faith in the 8.2 million figure as in the 18,000 Dow.  They always adjust the divisor when they split the stocks or issue new stocks, but never when they reverse-split or buy back stock.  And, how many ounces of silver or gold does this translate to?  How about if they let the price of gold go up to its fair value and then compare it?  Those figures aren't so impressive.

And neither would the 8.2 million if you took out the fake time slips, children that are forced to go out, those who only go out because Brother Hounder will hound them if they don't, or are in it for the privilege of ruining lives.  Half of the congregation barely does anything, or does nothing but reports a fake time slip.  If there are really 8.2 million active jokehovian witlesses that are sincere, I would expect to see no fewer than 1 1/2 million of them landing in Tel Aviv for that stupid mission this coming spring.  You are probably not going to see anywhere near that.  And I believe the real number is between 500,000 and 1.2 million, not 8.2 million, when sincerity is factored in.

• Chaserious
    Chaserious
    If a salesman worked 11,000 hours for one sale he'd be fired as a dismal, time-wasting slug. 

Depends what you are selling.  If it's for a sale of some vitamins or cosmetics, yes.  But maybe not if it takes 11,000 hours to sell one $45 Million private jet.  JWs will tell you that what they are selling is the most valuable thing in the world blah blah, so of course the hours are worth it. 

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter
    insidetheKH...if you are going to throw about numbers, the Pew Survey has shown that JW's have the lowest retention rate of any "major" religious denomination. The rate of loss for those raised as JW's is approximately 67%. The typical age of baptism for a JW child is in the early-mid teens. The majority of JW's leave the organization in their late teens and 20's. I can use my own children as an example...baptized at 15, gone by 21. I don't see anything Slidin Fast said as contradictive...maybe you need to watch the next baptism at your annual convention and see the demographics for yourself. Figures don't lie...liars figure!
  • flipper
    flipper

With the rate the number of anointed go up each year ( about 2,000  more or so each year ) now standing at over 14,000 partaking in 10 years in the year 2025 it should be at about 34,000 anointed. Who knows ? Perhaps the anointed that died got tired of hanging out with Jesus and God in heaven and decided to come back to the earthly realm ? LOL. Perhaps Freddy Franz, Jaracz, and all the old GB see what a screw-up the GB 2.0 is and they're re-materializing back to earth to clean up the WT leader mess !

Then again it very well could be the WT Society shot itself in the foot by re-opening the gathering of the anointed in 2005 or whenever when they said that the anointed were NOT sealed in 1935 as they had been saying for years before. It opened the floodgates for any loony tune to just sip wine and eat bread due to the " new light " I think THAT is what actually happened here. Damn that " new light " anyway ! LOL 

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

@ Chas: Depends what you are selling... but maybe not if it takes 11,000 hours to sell one $45 Million private jet.

Yeah, but it makes all the difference in the world if you claim god is helping you sell jets and it's critical to sell as many jets as possible in the shortest period of time. Add to that the very real possibility there's a 67% chance the sale contract will be cancelled before delivery and it's still a loser.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit