2014 Grand Totals!

by Atlantis 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Atlantis!

• KillerJones
    KillerJones
    Looks like the memorial partakers have increased....again. Likely the biggest increase came in third world lands. 
  • wifibandit
  • JeffT
    JeffT

I saw some of this on another board.  If you divide the hours by the number of baptisms, it takes 7,000 hour to reach one baptism.  If you take the amount of the actual increase (which is about 100,000 less than the number of baptisms) it takes 11,000 hours to get one more publisher.  This has to be about the most inefficient human activity ever.  And that does not account for the fact that a good number of their baptisms are the children of witnesses.   

• smiddy
    smiddy

In that footnote it states :

" Worldwide a total of  24,711  ordained ministers staff the branch facilities .All are members of the Worldwide Order of Special Full-Time Servants of Jehovahs Witnesses ."

Wouldnt   / Couldnt that mean they are more than just volunteers ? That they are in fact employees ? in some form or other ?, of the organization ?

I`m just asking because they  always seem to distance themselves from the rank and file ,  on the one hand against litigation , being sued ,and claiming that all jehovahs witnesses are just volunteers responsible for their own or anybody elses problems being heaped upon them  ".In 2014 they spent more than $224 million in caring for special pioneers , missionaries  and ,travelling overseers in their feild service assignments."

What do you think , do I have a point ?

smiddy

• Trailer Park Pioneer
    Trailer Park Pioneer

Featherbedding?  I was taught the Anointed were suppose to decline as the End get's nearer and more people are partaking?  This means the End is getting farther away, using their numbers we might not see the End until the year 2525 according to Watchtower teachings!   

If this trend continues we will have 288,000 members fighting for the 144,000 slots, will the Watchtower start teaching the 144,000 is not a literal number?

• prologos
    prologos

with 7.2 billion as world population, and ~2 billion hours of "service" hours , does that not mean that

each human during 2014 on average had the attention of a wt sales person for 22 minutes? by contrast the time reported for a wt child is 48 hrs per year.

counting partakers vs 144 000 is a farce.  

• St George of England
    St George of England

The 2015 Year Book is on jw.org

George

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I have often thought that the figures given annually are a rich source of statistical analysis.  I have just looked at the overall world birth rate which stands at about 19/1000.  This very simply seems to translate to approximately 150,000 expected baptisms per year, more than half of those baptised.  Taking into account a worldwide mortality rate of 8/1000 the stand still rate would be an increase of around 85,000.  

I think that on that simple basis the overall increase with all that trolley work, Jw.org, JW broadcasting billions of hours spent door knocking is around 1%.  That truly is pathetic.

If I had the patience and a little more skill extracting the juice, country by country from these statistics I think there would be a lot of fun to be had.  Don't think that the WT doesn't do this.  I would bet my house on them knowing every last statistical detail for every country.  

I wonder if there could be a shared project to collate and digitise the data and see what is really going on?

• insidetheKH
    insidetheKH

@sliding please start using your brain. On one hand all of you are always claiming that 2/3 of the children won't make it to baptism and leave the religion. and in this post you pretend as if every child raised as a JW will be baptised?

make up your mind... what is it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit