All you guys

by claudia 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Grunt
    Grunt

Ditto. I wish that kid in California had recieved some of the care shown to Logical in his time of trouble. Maybe it could have helped that poor twisted person and saved the lives and the agony of those kids unfortuante enough to have had their lives connect with his. I just wish he had voiced his desires to take a gun and "pull a Colombine" to people like those on this board as I know he would have received advice and the police would have recieved a lot of calls.
    So sad to see young lives shattered and ended for nothing. That kid gave off a lot of signals but no one took action or managed to help him see his action for the selfish, bloody, waste that it was.

Sorry, the tie in is that this board does provide a place of worth and people with a selfless desire to help and values that bear emulating, good people who try to help all they come in contact with. I appreciate that attitude and this site.

• larc
    larc

Lurker,

I take exception to your comment about the best and brightest here not holding a candle to the h2o crowd. I think my discussion with you regarding Descartes and Pascal and the role of theoretical and applied statistics holds a candle to anyone. I chose not to go into an insulting attack mode and you appreciated it. I am not here to show that I am an educated barbarian. Education and intelligence should be used wisely. A lesson to be learned, son, use your own intellect with great prudence.

Your post about Descartes bothered me, because you knew at the time, and I knew at the time, what you stated later, that most people wouldn't know what you were talking about. That is not a nice thing to do to people. I am not saying that I haven't done the same thing in my past. I am suggesting that you refrain from doing it to save yourself and others grief. As a teacher, the only thing I can do is help you make fewer mistakes than I did.

As I have said before, I wish you well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit