I won't cut my beard!

by caballoSentado 20 Replies latest jw friends

• FriendlyFellaAL
    FriendlyFellaAL
    What I have learned is JWs judge way too much on outward appearance and not on the heart condition of people.

Too, too true. I have never seen a more appearance-obsessed group of people in my entire life. Being raised a Witness and having broken free, I struggle constantly with judging people based solely on their appearance. I don't want to, honestly, but it was such a part of my JW upbringing that it's almost second nature now. I am working on it, though.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Ahhh the professor is a cutie!

Well I never got the whole facial hair thing either. There were a number of men in my hall that had mustaches, that seemed to be ok. And it's sad really, cuz goatees are so damn sexy!

• professor
    professor

aww shucks Joanna!

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

Here is my website and beard.
    http://www.cune.edu/faculty1/profileschwem.htm

Jeff S.

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

this is more of an american issue - elders in uk have beards - and are not radicals .. heehee

• professor
    professor
    elders in uk have beards

Is this true?

• neyank
    neyank

Alliwannadoislive says,

"this is more of an american issue - elders in uk have beards - and are not radicals .. heehee"

What happened to unity at all costs?

neyank

• seedy3
    seedy3

Back in the mid to late 70's when I was starting my drifting, I also grew a beard, A couple of elders came to talk to me about my spirtual weakness and try to get me to start back to meetings. The one subject came up was my beard. They tried to tell me how it is not really proper because promenant men in community do not have them, so it looks like a rebeleious attitude to the public. I actually chuckled at them, and pointed out that the local mayor and several promenant bussiness men in the small town we were in had beards and one of them even had a longer beard then I did. The subject was never brought up again.

Seedy

P.S. My beard is still going strong after 27 years of growth, LOL.

• rmayer32
    rmayer32
    I would like them to show me, with the bible, why I cannot wear a beard

yeah right.. They can't do that since everyone back then had beards too..LOL Dumb bastards!!!

I wouldn't cut it either though!

-Rick

• simplesally
    simplesally

A letter regarding beards saying you aren't a good Christian if you have one? Who wrote it? And then I'd call that person! There is no unity on the beard issue: brothers in the UK have them, they serve as elders. Jesus had one, um, Christ, who Christians are called after, CT Russell had one, I doubt they'd say he was a bad Christian!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit